Nebraska-Omaha

Ceremony sites?

I need some help thinking of sites that can be used for a wedding ceremony other than a house of worship.  We will be married in early fall of 2013, but I am not sure how I feel about an outdoor ceremony what with Nebraska's iffy weather and all.  Here is my basic list of needs in a location:
* can accomodate about 175 people
* would be available on short notice (4-6 months out)
* looks nice/pretty/formal
* reletively inexpensive

Plan A is to be married in our parish church, but I need a plan B in case something falls through.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony sites?

• Hmmm... where's your reception at?  Have you looked at having the ceremony and reception at the same place?  My FI and I aren't relgious and a church wedding is out of the question for us, so we're looking for an "all in one" location.  We both liked Arbor Hall and Erin Court, and the two are a little cheaper than some of the places we've looked (mainly golf course clubhouses and such).

If your reception hall won't work and/or you're looking for just a ceremony location I'm not so sure where to go.  My first thought would be either a park (if you are okay with outdoor) or maybe an alternate church in your same denomination (my friends had to do that since their primary church was booked, but I believe this takes some planning and is harder to do as a plan b).
  • M&MJKM&MJK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We are looking to have our reception at Regency Lodge on a Friday night.  I know they advertise as a ceremony site as well, but I don't know if they would be able to be available on short notice or how much it would cost.  I plan on speaking with them soon about this.  If the additional cost is too much than we need to find a cheap alternative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They have a gorgeous area for an outdoor ceremony. I would see what their pricing is because more than likely it will be a better option then any other options. Also a lot of the time they discount it if you are having the reception there.

• We are having both our Ceremony and Reception at the DC Centre!!!
  • This may not be needed now, but check out

www.willowcreekglasschapel.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in a similar situation but the wedding's in 2014. I found this former church in South Omaha. I don't think I'd do the whole wedding and reception there, since I wouldn't want to use the basement, but the upper level would be pretty for a ceremony;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards