Ohio-Cincinnati

Best of both anyone?

I am getting married next Aug and my fiance and I are beginning to look at venues.  I really want an outdoor wedding with a gazebo then an indoor "fun" reception.  However, I have come to find that places, such as manor house, have a gorgeous gazebo, but are either wayyy out of budget or just seem like they have "older couples' " receptions.  I love The Elements reception, but if I am going to spend that much on a reception it leaves me with hardly any money to pay for an outdoor ceremony somewhere.  Any suggestions?

Re: Best of both anyone?

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    How about Receptions Inc?  We were impressed by them.  They offer all-inclusive prices so it's very convenient.  They have 5 or so locations to choose from.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • weishaslweishasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aston oaks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • budde022budde022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Walden Ponds Golf Club. I love it there it is a beauitful outdoor location, there is a gazebo for the ceremony. We are having our reception there also in their outdoor tent but depending on how many people you can use the Mansion for an indoor reception or you could go somewhere else.
    http://www.waldenponds.com/layout9.asp?id=232&page=7474
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on Aston Oaks... very affordable and extremely flexible (they'll accomodate any crazy plan you suggest at no extra charge)
  • mandissmommandissmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kings Island resort and conference center they have a gazebo on the lake.
  • Stefunny366Stefunny366 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Wedding Setting at Withrow Nature Preserve. It is one of the Hamilton county parks, which are the absolute nicest people I have ever had to deal with!! They have many many choices for reception locations.
  • Jeff SchaeferJeff Schaefer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most golf courses fit the bill.
    Check Pyramid Hill Sculpture park, BB River boats, Camp Kern, Tori's Station, Nathaniel Green Lodge, Norlyn Manor, Pattison Lodge, Vinoklet Winery, Wiedemann Hill Mansion, Wunderland Banquet Hall, Lake Lyndsay.

Jeff Schaefer
  • newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may be out of your price range but Dree's Pavillion in Nky has a gazebo and is beautiful.. with a great view of the city too
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I third Aston Oaks. I'm getting married there in May and they have been so good to work with. Lindsey is very accommodating.
  • lnrhacklnrhack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fairfield banquet center used to look dated but they have recently done a lot of rennovating and have made it very nice and very affordable compared to other venues!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Aston Oaks:   A gazebo next to a small waterfall and only steps away from indoors in case it rains.  A great setting and easily accessable for your guests. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards