Oregon

Reception venues that don't pull the party plug too early

Hey all!  I am struggling to find an venue that doesn't want to cut our reception short (i.e. 10pm).  Has anyone had any luck finding a venue that will let us party til the break of dawn (or at least past 10pm?)  Oh, and I'm looking outside of Portland, primarily in wine country or the mid-Willamette Valley.  Thanks!

Re: Reception venues that don't pull the party plug too early

• summerslaosummerslao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think most of the McMenamins let you stay pretty late...Edgefield, Grand Lodge, and Hotel Oregon.  Silver Falls Winery will let you go later than 10pm and I think Willamette Valley Vineyards.  Hope that helps...guess it depends on what kind of venue you're looking for.  Most hotels will let you go until midnight too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    a fab site out of town is Bridal Veil Lakes, it's all outside and very private. They should let you stay as long as you want. this is towards hood river though.
    i would think most places would let you stay as long as you want if you are the only event there that day. always worth asking! good luck
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try Wine Country Farms, I think they go past 10.  A lot of places will make you turn the music down because of noise ordinances but will let you continue with the party.
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to party til the break of dawn you probably need to have the reception in a hotel so the after-party can continue. I don't know of any places that will serve alcohol after 2am because of OLCC rules. We are doing our reception at the Grand Lodge and we have to be done by 10pm but all of our friends are staying so those who want to party later (which is a lot of people) are getting rooms so we can have the party all night feel.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not in the valley/wine country, but I also know that Aerie at Eagle Landing lets you party past ten.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds silly but The Elks clubs. We our having our reception at the elks, its a very nice building with a huge ballroom. We have the place until 1am! It wouldnt hurt looking around to see if  you find an elks near your desired location.
    Also, like Tiff said, it might be a good idea having it at a hotel, or near one so you can just have an after party. Hope this helps=)
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE our venue.  www.paradisespringsevents.com
    It's in Monroe, in Willamette valley close to the Lorane area wineries.  They have 200 acres of property and built a wedding site--no neighbors to make noise complaints.
    They are incredibly flexible.  Place fills up fast though.
  • elliephantelliephant member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info everyone!  We finally decided on Garden in the Woods, outside of Albany.  They are pretty flexible on the ending time and the grounds are beautiful!  A great setting for an awesome dance party for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards