Massachusetts-Boston

wanna hear your thoughts on airbrush vs traditional make up

what are you doing and why? i am so torn. 

Re: wanna hear your thoughts on airbrush vs traditional make up

• edited December 2011
    I'm having airbrush done. I think it's really just personal preference... Once I tried it, I knew I had to have it. Some people don't like it and prefer traditionally applied makeup. Honestly, it's worth the trial to see if you like it or not.
  • abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had the budget for airbrush, i would so go that route.  A girlfriend of mine had it done for her wedding and her skin looked flawless, amazing.  If I were you I'd have a trial and just see.  Some people are better at applying the airbrush foundation than others, so def shop around.  I'm sad that the prices I got for wedding day airbrushing were well above my budget - but then again, we just cut our budget in half, so it could be very reasonable to someone else.  GL!
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing airbrush...I did it for my e-pics as well (pic below).  In my opinion, the only downside is that it costs a little more.  I agree with pp though, some people like traditional makeup better.  What I liked about it was that it covered really well, but felt really light, and she was able to use various shades to make my cheeks look a little more defined (my face is really round). 

• jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the opposite.  I like the traditional makeup better. Maybe it's because I'm older, but the airbrush seemed to settle into my wrinkles :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I had trials with both and to tell you the truth, I didn't notice too much of a difference in appearance. 

The airbrush did last longer though.  I kept it on for over 8 hours, and it didn't smudge or brush off against my clothes.  I'm having the airbrush done for the wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    I've had both (airbrush when I was in a friends wedding and regular at my make up trial) and I think they look about the same.  This is the way that my make up artist explained it to me:

Airbrush really gives you full coverage.  It's good for someone who has acne scars or red areas on their skin, or just anyone who wants full coverage, and it will last a really long time.

Regular is usually better for people with dry skin (or probably wrinkles, although she didn't mention this) because air brush can start to flake or crack if your skin is dry.  It might also be better if you don't really need full coverage.

I decided to go regular on my wedding day only because I have very dry skin and I didn't want it to flake. 
  • penname11penname11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going for airbrush, for a couple of reasons.  Personally, I don't wear foundation.  Ever.  So when I have regular foundation on, I am very much aware of it.  I didn't have that feeling with the airbrush foundation - probably because it felt extremely light.  The second reason is that the FMIL also had an airbrush makeup trial done with me, and it really made her skin look totally smooth and really took years off of her.  Yeah, it's more expensive, but for me, in the grand scheme of things, it is worth it.  I'm spending a lot of $ on a photog, so I had best look good :) 
  • coreywalkcoreywalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those of you who are getting Airbrush makeup/have gotten it--who did you use?  I'd like to do an airbrush trial.

Thanks! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Airbrush... my ceremny was at 11am and the airbrush lsated through the wedding, and afterparty and still looked great at 11pm.  I wish I could get it done all the time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_wanna-hear-thoughts-airbrush-vs-traditional-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:99855f55-81f7-472a-b4cd-6bd2950a3489Post:a19e4e95-cd7f-47d5-965a-a04e888be557">Re: wanna hear your thoughts on airbrush vs traditional make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who are getting Airbrush makeup/have gotten it--who did you use?  I'd like to do an airbrush trial. Thanks! :) 
    Posted by coreywalk[/QUOTE]

I had airbrush done with both Charlotte Phinney and Special Event Beauty.
  • edited December 2011
    airbrush- caitlin murphy.
    it lasted all night, covered great, light feeling...didn't come off on anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards