Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Light Refreshment Menu, opinions please

We are having a Friday evening wedding, mostly DIY, and our invites will say "Light refreshments to follow". It's in our church reception hall, so not formal (according to other TK posters). We are making all of the food and this is our plan right now:
BLT bites (stuffed cherry tomatoes, filling is cream cheese, bacon, cheese and chives)
Stuffed Mushrooms (cheese and crab stuffing)
Pepperoni Pinwheels (small bread with cheese/pepperoni stuffing)
Deli Spirals
Spinach Dip in Hawaiian Bread
Chips and Salsa
Chocolate fountain with various fruits, marshmallows and pretzels
Green Bean Wraps (green beans wrapped in bundles with bacon, slow cooked in the oven with a butter and brown sugar sauce)
4 tier cake plus a grooms cake
Iced Tea (Southern wedding), coffee, punch and water
I don't want this to be tacky, so please feel free to really let me know your thoughts, thanks!
Also, we will have a separate kids table with their food (chicken nuggets, jello squares, grapes and wheat thins).
"It is never to late to become what you might have been..."

Re: Light Refreshment Menu, opinions please

• jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great, but because most food has meat except the spin dip and the chips and salsa, maybe one other app without meat if you have any vegetarians coming. Like stuffed mushrooms without the crab meat?
    Photobucket
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you should have a couple of other non-meat appetizers.

Tortellini skewers, toasted ravioli, and potato skins are all very tasty. Bruschetta isn't too hard to make either.

What about a cheese dip for the nacho chips? You can buy big cans of it from a place like Costco or GFS if you have one of those nearby.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we're doing a friday evening event as well, we're having grooms choice and brides choice; Grooms choice(served right after reception outside while wedding party does pictures): chicken wings, taquitos, brushetta and a pitas and dips, and Brides choice: (it's all about the sweet tooth after the speeches) cotton candy, and candy buffet, signature drink (cotton candy cosmo),  and likely hot dogs in croissants for those that are drinking.
    we wanna keep it low key, have fun, it's really not about the food
  • UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds pretty good, but ditto PPs that it wouldn't hurt to have a few more veggie options...grilled veggie kebabs, mini quiches...bruschetta was already mentioned, and that's a good option, too.  I hope you have lots of help making all that, though!!!
  • edited December 2011
    YUM! Sounds great!
  • edited December 2011
    Those BLT bites sound really good. Might try those for a snack some night :-)
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a veggie tray or a carrots & celery tray?
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't sound tacky at all!

Go to allrecipes.com and look up the fruit salsa...it is AMAZING. They also have a chocolate chip cheese ball which is great. Both are wonderful.

I agree - non meat choices are a good option. Try those!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards