Ohio-Columbus
Options

The Momzilla's Email seen round the world

So many of you have probably heard about or have seen the email that soon to be MIL sent to her step-son's bride.  Of course this kind of thing went viral very quickly & I can only imagine what the couple is going through now. If you haven't read it, here's a link to some excerps from the email she sent:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/mother-in-law-sends-worst-email-ever-to-bride-forgivable-2504517

So what are your thoughts? What would you do if you were bride? Is it forgivable? Or are you on the Mom's side?

Let's hear it ladies! :)

P.S. Happy 4th of July weekend ladies! May none of you have a drama like this! haha
Our baby! image Sadie
Anniversary

Re: The Momzilla's Email seen round the world

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Perception is reality. So there may be some truths in that email, but I felt like it was very tacky to send that to her future DIL. It was also extremely thoughtless to attack her parents for being out of work.

If that were me and the FI, we would elope immediately.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with unforgivable. If my FI's mother ever sent me a scathing email such as that one (which she would never, ever, ever do), I would not be able to look past it for his sake. 

Even if the bride is a bit lacking in manners, any parent should have enough respect for his or her child's choice of mate to turn a blind eye and try to make the best of it. It doesn't sound like this bride did anything outrageous. And if she did seriously offend his family, the proper course would be for the family to talk about it together, not send it in an email.

Email has robbed people of their backbones!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    here's the thing with email - you can re-read (and re-live) it over and over and over again. 

My now SIL wrote my father and his wife a horrible and nasty email a few weeks before her wedding.  it still leaves a bad taste in my dad's mouth. =(
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sure there are two sides to every story so it is possible that the bride-to-be lacks manners in some areas.  That being said, it is inexcusable to ever call someone out in that manner!  Especially when that person is getting ready to join your family and you are going to have to interact with her for years to come.  Talk about bad manners...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have been a recipient of this type of treatment, not in an email, but in person in my face at gatherings.  Her claims were different because she's coming from another culture and has different expectations.

One of the things she's said to me recently was, "You're not going to eat my stuffed pig intestines?  Then you can go and starve the rest of the night!"  Or, "I expect you, my daughters, and the rest of the daughter-in-laws to clean up the entire house, or else you're not sleeping!"  Just things like that.

I also know that she is mentally ill.  I decided to keep a smile and be as charitable as possible, but afterwards, I go in the car and cry.   FI and his siblings have also been verbally abused like this throughout their lives, so it's not just something personally against me, but the entire family.  I vent to my FSILs because we're all in the same boat.  Because his family loves her despite her illness, I decide to do the same.

He appreciates and loves me for what I go through.  In fact, he loves me so much, he won't go over there any more than once a year.  The rest of the time he loves his mom through weekly phone calls and letters I don't have to be a part of.

It would be a bad mistake for a wife to make her DH is make him choose between two women.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards