Christian Weddings

Rings

So I thought I'd do a fun post on rings, because I was realizing how differently people actually do this.  So what kind of rings did you get/are you getting?  Are you wearing an engagement ring and wedding band or just one or the other? Are you and FI both having rings? Did you go for a bridal set (engagement ring and wedding ring that math), a set of wedding bands (yours and his) or nothing matching? Did you guys do anything for him during engagement? (Like my sister got her now-husband an 'engagement watch'.) And of course, what style do you like?

So tell us what you did, or want to do. Pictures are fine, but not required. Have fun and... go!
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Rings

• edited December 2011
    I don't have my engagement ring yet, but FI and I have looked at them. I've shown him what I like, which is either a simple yellow gold with white gold prongs solitaire or a certain type of vintage art deco ring. 

This is an example of the art deco style I like, but sadly this one is sold.

As for wedding bands, FI is insistant they must match.  But our tastes differ. After a long time, we found the following rings on etsy that we both liked.. but it's not set in stone, and FI does want us to look in case we find something else. But the price is right on them, and we both like them.  I really love two-tone bands, but I figure this with a yellow gold engagement rign would create that two-tone look on my hand, since I plan on wearing both when we're married.

These rings, except NOT with the engagment ring which is sitting atop the thin woman's band here.

We're not doing any male engagement equivalent.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Those are very pretty. 
    My ring is a sapphire with diamonds on the side.

From the side.

I won't be getting a wedding band for it, maybe in 5 years when we have more money.  But I am not even sure I could find something that would look good with it.  As it is I am ok without a wedding band.

FI would like a simple metal band.  Whatever makes him happy. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• fluttaby32fluttaby32 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine! It hasnt been sized yet, so its too big in this pic, but its a 9 diamond contour band, very delicate looking but I love how it looks with my ring. 
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to do pictures of mine, I can't really describe it.  It's a marquise cut diamond with baguettes on the side.  My ring is two tone platinum and yellow gold and it has a hexagon in the center, under the diamond.  I have two wedding bands, one on either side, that are yellow gold and follow the shape of the engagement ring with the hexagon piece.  I'll post a photo tonight.

H just has a yellow gold band.  He wore it on his right hand as an engagement ring before we were married.   October of year 2 or 3 of marriage he lost his wedding ring at work.  He was completely devastated.  I bought him a new one, but I got it too small and we've never had it sized, so he doesn't wear one at all now.
  • yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI's uncle is a jewler - as in he designes and makes jewelry, not just sells it.  So he and FI designed my engagement ring -it has a very low profile and no sharp edges, so it does not rip my gloves in the lab.

He just cast my wedding band this past week - it's a row of tiny diamonds that match the ones surrounding my larger diamond.  He is also designing FI's wedding band - it will be white and rose gold, since FI likes the two tone look. 
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will wear my engagement ring and my wedding band. My e-ring fits inside the band. :)

FI wants a 4mm gold band-- simple but classic!

Here are my rings:

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Here's mine! It was a right hand ring that FI made into an engagement ring. The band is from a different set, but I love how it goes together. 

FI is not wearing an engagement ring, but he has a white gold brushed band. 

PostCeremony-131.1
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring is a black diamond solitaire:

FI had it and the matching bands (they frame the solitaire) custom made. Here is the set together:

He is wearing his father's ring (his father passed away 3 years ago):
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun thread!  I will wear an engagement ring and wedding band.  They aren't a set, but will fit pretty close.  FI picked his own wedding ring, but I didn't do anything for him for the engagement. 

my E-ring

my wedding band

FI's wedding band
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring is from Blue Nile and it's a 3 stone princess cut in platinum.

Originally, we were going to get platinum wedding bands as well, but as the wedding got closer we decided on white gold instead to save money. My wedding band has princess cut little diamonds encrusted on the front part of the band, and H's wedding band is a brushed white gold with raised edges.

• edited December 2011
    My engagement ring has a white gold band with a solitaire round cut diamond. My wedding band is a thin white gold band with small diamonds. H's wedding band is some kind of brushed white gold or something. I didn't do any kind of engagement gift for him. I never knew people did that. Nothing of ours is a set. I was going to post a pic but it keeps telling me the file is too big! 

• azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH chose my ring by himself, and I love it! It came as a wedding set (the two parts interlock like a puzzle). We both like it better as the complete set, but the engagement part alone is pretty too. Mine is white gold.

The wedding band fits around and kind of under the engagement band, in a sideways "H" shape. It adds another row of diamonds parallel to each of the ones on the band in the photo to make the ring look less curvy and more  "normal". You can kind of see it in the photo below.

DH's wedding band:

• Bett2012Bett2012 member
    edited December 2011
    My e-ring is white gold with three main diamonds and little diamonds studded in the band.  My band is white gold with little diamonds studded in it. FIs is a tungsten band with a matte finish except on the edges, where it's shiny.

Also, my rings are from the same store and go together, but they are not technically a set. FI's and my rings don't match at all:P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We purchased our wedding bands together, but not with my e-ring.

Here is a stock picture of FI's band, it hasn't come in yet.
    5/27/12
  • edited December 2011
    I have an heirloom engagement ring that is very unusual in its shape and delicate. I'll be relieved to take it off on my wedding day because I always worry I'll wreck it.

We're doing plain, domed, yellow gold comfort fit bands in whatever karat we can afford when it's time to order them - 10 or 14. His won't be part of the ceremony, though.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    DH picked my e-ring out without me knowing about it and it is perfect for me.  I love silver so he got white gold.  It is a diamond solitaire with diamond chips on each side of the center.

We got a wedding band to match.  It was more expensive than I really wanted him to pay but it was the only one that really looked right with the e-ring.

His is white gold too and he hardly ever wears it.  Frown  He just isn't a ring person and his work is not conducive to wearing one.

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring is white gold with a single, bezel set diamond. I don't wear it anymore. Now, I just wear a plain ol' gold band. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Here are ours:

One small regret I have is that I never tried on rings before choosing mine online.  The band is a bit thicker than I might have chosen had I tried on others, but I still love it for the sentimental value (and the sparkle).

My two rings match each other but H's is really different.
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI picked out my e-ring for me without me even knowing and I love it.

We looked at a bunch of different wedding bands, but I just couldn't find anything I loved that matched the ring. Finally someone showed us an enhancer that I absolutely loved, but it was more expensive than I wanted. FI ended up surprising me with it anyways.

I really wanted FI's ring to be the same color as mine, but he loves black rings. I ended up picking his out for him and not telling him and he was thrilled. He's been saying for months that his favorite part of the ceremony is when he gets his ring.

• edited December 2011
    our rings do not match.  mine is an antique heirloom passed down in the family...  we got H's at Macy's on sale.  :)  he had been trying on rings and he liked the "notch" look, but wanted a black ring.  so I found his on the Macy's website and waited for it to go on sale since we had a few months.

I do not have a wedding band.  maybe one day for an anniversary, but I like how thin the band is now.

• edited December 2011

That was my hubby's ring with the blue, and my wedding bands with my e-ring.  However, the blue on his has worn off, and it kind of hurts his finger since he really shouldn't wear it while he works like Lisa's hubby (my hubby is a diesel mechanic) so after Christmas I'm getting him a new band that's a comfort fit and not as wide:

I think I'm more excited for his new ring than he is and he picked it out!!

• edited December 2011
    Here are our rings. 
    imageAnniversary
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our rings do not match each other's.  We did not do a mangagement ring, although I offered to buy H a new TV/snowblower/arcade console (he declined the offer).

My rings were custom designed, they match each other even though they were "built" at different times.  White gold with RBC diamonds.  I wanted a flat band (not notched out) that I can wear without the e-ring if I'm doing work/sports/in the lab with gloves on.  H's is tungsten.

• MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is FI's wedding band:

He knew right away that he wanted tungsten. This is a stock photo of his ring:

Here is my e-ring: (my best attempt at taking a decent picture of it haha)

And the matching wedding band:

• these are our rings! DH's was his biological dad's (he died 6 mos. before he was born), and we put our initials and '11 inside the ring and put his parents' engraving back in after it was resized so we have both the sets of initials and years on the inside of his ring :) 
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love these posts, everyone's rings are so beautiful and different :)
  • My rings are white gold.  I don't know if you can see in the picture, but my wedding band is semi-eternity.  DH's is tungsten.  No sets, and we didn't have any engagement ring or anything like that for him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited January 2012
    My rings match (they're a set), and he picked one out for himself from an Etsy shop (we don't have it yet) which kinda matches 'cause it's titanium with a stipe of sterling silver. My rings (including Claddagh, which I wear on my left middle finger) are in my signature (I think).
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards