Connecticut

HELP! Torn between 2 DJ services!!!

We are getting ready to book a DJ for our wedding next October. I am feeling torn between Local Motion Entertainment and Music in Motion Entertainment. Anyone have any advice for us?!!? Thanks!!!

Re: HELP! Torn between 2 DJ services!!!

• chrisM24chrisM24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We are getting ready to book a DJ for our wedding next October. I am feeling torn between Local Motion Entertainment and Music in Motion Entertainment. Anyone have any advice for us?!!? Thanks!!!
  • Look at DJae Melee instead Laughing

Anniversary

• Well... Local Motion was the DJ for my FI cousins wedding, I personally did not like them :/   They played waaaay too many "games" and there was only about an hour and a half of dancing.  If your looking for more dancing do not go with them.  I've never heard of Music in Motion.  I am using Milestone Entertainment, they did a friends wedding a couple of years again and they really got the crowd going :)  Good Luck!
  • I can't remember hearing about either of them. Ditto PP on looking into DJae Melee. He's a great DJ.
  • I think DJae Melee already has 50 weddings booked for 2013.  Try Zach Dauphinais instead.  He was our DJ and he did a wonderful job, plus he was really affordable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    I am using Local Motion myself. Since I don't live in CT I did a lot of research and we "clicked" with Billy (the owner). I have learned that sometimes the bride and groom want to have all those stupid games and such and the DJ has not picked them and if you don't want it you don't have to have it. Billy was open to do whatever we want and make it custom to our taste, which I really liked. Not to mention his prices were very good since we are paying everything cash.
  • Thanks so much everyone! We are going to look into DJ Melee. @jjswin...thanks for letting me know that information! :)
  • Ditto PP, DJ Maelee... he is very cost effective and has awesome packages :) We booked him right on the spot!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_help-torn-between-2-dj-services?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:9c323e84-cb5a-4dcd-a161-75b4314cabd7Post:e6bb7905-3b9c-4ab2-a6b5-e97f3523b273">Re: HELP! Torn between 2 DJ services!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Local Motion myself. Since I don't live in CT I did a lot of research and we "clicked" with Billy (the owner). I have learned that sometimes the bride and groom want to have all those stupid games and such and the DJ has not picked them and if you don't want it you don't have to have it. Billy was open to do whatever we want and make it custom to our taste, which I really liked. Not to mention his prices were very good since we are paying everything cash.
    Posted by jjswin[/QUOTE]

<div>It's true,  a good DJ will give you suggestions of different games/dances and you can either have them or not. We used Music in Motion (so did most of our family and friends that got married) and love the owner Mike and his brother. It seems like Music in Motion is more popular in New Haven County.They truely listen to what the bride and groom wants and get the crowd going. There are many DJs out there that can't even cut the tracks right when using a lap top that has programs that makes it very easy. </div>
  • Chris, My name is Bryan Bailey and I am a featured DJ here on the knot in Rhode Island. Take a look at my website and let me know what you think. Choosing a DJ can be hard when you factor in everything such as up lighting. I offer a low price guarantede and will include everything you have been offered by other DJs for at least $100 less. Send me an email and I will include some free uplighting and a free monogram projection! Bryan Bailey Premier Entertainment www.PRMDJ.com
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Highly rec Jimmy Dee Music they are PHENOMENIAL!!! Especially Richie!

But we used Music in Motion for our uplighting & Mike & his staff he sent that day were great to work with!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Try out us. Mrsimsdjservicesyahoo.com. i personally have 15 yrs exp. In weddings with about 1000 weddings under my belt. Our music database is about 600,000 songs as well. Ty. Robbie
  • Don't mean to add to your confusion, but take a look at After Hours. They were great and so helpful with organizing the reception - they also do the reception you want. You don't want games or line dances or certain songs, they won't do that it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards