Oregon

BBQ suggestions?

Hey there. My fiance and I are looking to have BBQ for our upcoming June wedding. The wedding will be in Salem, but we're willing to get the food catered in or picked up out of town. Any buddy have any suggestions on a great BBQ company/restaurant that they've eaten at or used for a wedding? Thanks for your help! 

Re: BBQ suggestions?

• We had our rehearsal dinner in my parents backyard in Salem and used Abigail's catering. They set up grills in the back, had tables and set up a huge buffet. It was awesome. Everything was SO good and they were really awesome to work with.  I would highly recommend.
  • Thank you for the suggestion of Abigail's. Any chance you have a phone number or website? Thanks!
  • Adam's Smokehouse is in Salem and they are AMAZING! Their meat is smokey, their homemade BBQ sauce and the variety of sauces are outstanding, and their place has won many awards for their food and their pulled pork. (My favorite on their menu!) Check them out they're located on State Street next to The Sassy Onion!
  • No idea on price, but Famous Dave's does catering.
  • McKillips Catering in St. Paul does on site grilling. I was able to sample last January at the wedding show and it was fabulous. They will be at the Portland wedding show if you want to check them out.

Last spring when I inquired about pricing it started at about $10 and topped off at $14 for groups of 200 or more.  Since I will be having half of that, they said my price would just increase by $2pp with dinner topping off at $16. A great price in my opinion for such good food. Then again, that price was nearly a year ago.

McKillips Cantering Inc. (clicky)
  • edited January 2012
    http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/abigail-s-barbeque-and-catering 

Theres a link to their info. The food was SO good and they were so easy to work with.
    Adam's is also a good choice (and you could go there and test everything out!) - theyre across from Willamette
  • Thank you for all the suggestions! 
  • We are having Roth's in West Salem do our catering.  They do the meat on a traeger and then will deliver to the vineyard we are getting married at.  We are having BBQ chicken and pulled pork, pasta salad, baked beans, fresh fruit and rolls.  They are really helpful and very reasonably priced!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you MelissaH21! That's a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards