Catholic Weddings

RCIA Prayers

So FI starts RCIA today and I am nervous.  I have been praying that the Lord speaks to him and my FI really accepts him.  Any prayers or advice for what I can do to help would be much appreciated!  Thank you ladies :o)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: RCIA Prayers

• edited December 2011
    Prayers your way!  Are you able to attend with him?  When I went through, FI and his sister attended the classes with me and it was great to have someone there I knew who could answer questions for me that I either didn't get a chance to ask or just didn't feel comfortable asking the whole class.  Then FI was my "sponsor" at confirmation, which was really special for us.
    Anniversary

• shawna127shawna127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I REALLY, REALLY with I could do the classes with him but I live in a different town right now because I am going to school.  :(  
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, bummer.  Well, at least if you are there sometime when he has class, I'm sure it would mean a lot!
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    That's a good idea! I will definitely try to make it to some classes. Thank you professor! :o)
  • edited December 2011
    I will definitely send prayers your way. I loved my RCIA experience. I would encourage you to really be open to conversation with your FI after his classes. Let him tell you about what was presented, and what his thoughts and questions are. Share your experiences and your faith as he goes throught it. Make a Skype date on RCIA nights to discuss. I think you'll find that you grow spiritually along with him and you will begin to develop a "couples" spirituality that will surely strengthen your marriage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prayers headed his (and your) way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_rcia-prayers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:f45cc445-52c2-4fb2-8567-7ba2019fa3f7Post:8f6d8d60-1709-4d24-a5a0-e03230d82e4c">Re: RCIA Prayers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will definitely send prayers your way. I loved my RCIA experience. I would encourage you to really be open to conversation with your FI after his classes. Let him tell you about what was presented, and what his thoughts and questions are. Share your experiences and your faith as he goes throught it. Make a Skype date on RCIA nights to discuss. I think you'll find that you grow spiritually along with him and you will begin to develop a "couples" spirituality that will surely strengthen your marriage.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

Thank you bibliophile!  This is great advice! I really hope that we can grow in our faith together, it is my biggest hope.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_rcia-prayers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:f45cc445-52c2-4fb2-8567-7ba2019fa3f7Post:8f6d8d60-1709-4d24-a5a0-e03230d82e4c">Re: RCIA Prayers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will definitely send prayers your way. I loved my RCIA experience. I would encourage you to really be open to conversation with your FI after his classes. Let him tell you about what was presented, and what his thoughts and questions are. Share your experiences and your faith as he goes throught it. Make a Skype date on RCIA nights to discuss. I think you'll find that you grow spiritually along with him and you will begin to develop a "couples" spirituality that will surely strengthen your marriage.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

This is so true.  FI and I developed a sort of ritual where we'd go sit on the patio at one of our favorite restaurants after RCIA and have some food and discuss the class.  He's always been very knowledgeable in catholic teachings, so it was so nice to have someone to just bounce my thoughts off of.
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    This is really good to know, I will have to set up a skype date or something. Oh I hope this works out!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards