Rhode Island
Options

Sam C. for wedding hair

So I'm thinking of going with Sam for my hair since I've seen such great reviews on here. I have emailed her and am just waiting for a response. Does anyone know if she does trials before the wedding and how the scheduling works with that? Also, does anyone have pictures of hair that she did that they'd be willing to share? Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Sam C. for wedding hair

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having Sam C do my hair for my wedding.  I have not yet had my trial, but yes, she does do trials.  I have also heard great things about her so I am really hoping she is as great as everyone says!  One thing is she is really good about responding to emails, which is always a plus!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in May so we set a trial for around March. If you want to see pro pic, you can check out a review and pictures from Aylee Bits. Scrol down to Sam C review.

http://www.ayleebits.com/2010/11/page/2/
  • Options
    SamswedSamswed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted her but, was a little hesitant since she is not a Hairdresser. Did that at all bother any of you. Not to sound mean and please I hope I am not offending anyone but, I kind of felt like it would be like having a friend take your wedding photos......they may be good enough to get by but...I don't know it just struck me as weird that she isnt a hair dresser.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_sam-c-wedding-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:5b865bce-ad7f-409e-a480-36281462b009Post:1ac0df53-691d-4327-8515-1d3f27b23694">Re: Sam C. for wedding hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]I contacted her but, was a little hesitant since she is not a Hairdresser. Did that at all bother any of you. Not to sound mean and please I hope I am not offending anyone but, I kind of felt like it would be like having a friend take your wedding photos......they may be good enough to get by but...I don't know it just struck me as weird that she isnt a hair dresser.
    Posted by Samswed[/QUOTE]

After reading the positive reviews and seeing her work, I did not doubt Sam's talents or professionalism. She may not have had the formal training from at a beauty school but she certainly has all the skills of a hair stylist. This is a hobby for her that blossomed into a side career. I think she just has a natural knack for it just as some of the best photographers never stepped inside a photography classroom. Self taught is just as impressive if not more so.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam for my wedding day hair and all of my bridesmaids' hair too! You can see pictures and reviews in my Bios. I actually did two trials with Sam because I wasn't 100% happy with the first one.
  • Options
    chantz2387chantz2387 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks! I'm going to call her tomorrow! Hope she's available for my date!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's true that she isn't technically a hairdresser, but she does a great job for a great price, which was definitely a factor for me...  send me an email if you want to see photos of me and my bridesmaids.  And yes, she does trials.  I didn't like what she did at first and she changed it and in the end I LOVED my hair and got so many compliments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used her too and that thought didn't ever cross my mind.  She is EXCELLENT at what she does.  I had a basic idea for what I wanted, so at my trial she tried a few things to see what worked best.  She is very professional IMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just want to echo how awesome Sam is for wedding hair.  My wedding day turned out to be humid and rainy, but fortunately Sam did my hair, the bridesmaids and the mothers and every looked awesome all night.  Our hair didn't move at ALL.  Also, it was a pleasure spending the day leading up to the wedding with someone who is so fun and easy to talk to.  She does do hair trials, and really, there is no beating the price, especially considering how phenomenal she is generally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards