African American Weddings

XP-FI's RUDE Family Member

So last night we had a gtg for my FBIL birthday. Us ladies got on the topic of my wedding and my FI's aunt asked what the bridesmaid dress looked like, so I showed her a pic on my phone. She stares at the screen, and a few seconds later flat out tells me " Pues, no me gusta" which is Spanish for, "well, I don't like it". I wanted snap back with something snarky, but my self controll kicked in and I told her " well why not? I like it." She didn't really give me much of an answer as to why, other than that the sash or something was too long, but to be honest, I really don't care if she does or not. What do you ladies think?

So last night we had a gtg for my FBIL birthday. Us ladies got on the topic of my wedding and my FI's aunt asked what the bridesmaid dress looked like, so I showed her a pic on my phone. She stares at the screen, and a few seconds later flat out tells me " Pues, no me gusta" which is Spanish for, "well, I don't like it". I wanted snap back with something snarky, but my self controll kicked in and I told her " well why not? I like it." She didn't really give me much of an answer as to why, other than that the sash or something was too long, but to be honest, I really don't care if she does or not. What do you ladies think?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP-FI's RUDE Family Member

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His... AUNT?! Wait... since when did AUNT have an opinion that mattered when it comes to someone's wedding?! You did good by even asking her why she didn't like them. Who cares? She doesn't have to wear them or pay for them, so she can go to bed.
  • edited December 2011
    If she doesn't have to wear it, her opinion is *ish!!
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/61972928/wind-and-sea-navy-convertible-wrap-dress I didn't realize my post double posted. Guess that what I get for knotting from my phone. Anywho I agree with you two ladies. I had the same thought, I was just super caught off guard cuz I didnt ask her opinion. But whatever. That's a link to the dress if you were curious!
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She will be alright! She doesn't have to wear the dress so don't pay attention to her 2 cents.
    80 said yes image
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cha! Outsiders need not comment and she is all the way out.  You better than me, I would have said thanks, smiled, and continued on with my convo as if she never said anything.

image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • edited December 2011
    Ignore her... the dress is beautiful and I am sure the sash length can be altered if need be.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    edited December 2011
    I like them she isnt in the wedding so she dosent have a opinion
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-fis-rude-family-member?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5c69dc2e-58c6-4e1d-9949-71103d413918Post:036fb31c-fcae-465e-93de-c811d2b46e43">Re: XP-FI's RUDE Family Member</a>:
    [QUOTE]If she doesn't have to wear it, her opinion is *ish!!
    Posted by simbidi[/QUOTE]
    exactly! tell her to keep her opinions to herself!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Um...yeah, it really doesn't matter if she likes it or not. Like everyone as already stated, she does not have to wear the dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Who cares if she likes it or not, shoot my MOH doesnt like the dress I picked and I told her, that's fine if you don't want to wear it, but that's the dress I like. Sooooooo Aunt can get a chile, boo, bye!!! BTW that dress is GORGEOUS!!
  • edited December 2011
    I like the dress, dont pay no mind to people like that. There will always be someone that doesnt like something. It's your day you do you and ignore the rest!!!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!! I should just tell her you just do you, imma do me!! lol I have a feeling she's gonna come looking a hot mess to my wedding too, but we shall see, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm kind of weird about wrap dresses (they don't provide much in the way of structure).  But I like the one you chose, that is cute :-). 

In any case, opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one.  Don't let your aunt get to you.  The dress decision is between you and your bridesmaids.
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly would not care what she thinks. You should've said, "Pues, me gusta". End of discussion.

Sorry that might be kinda mean, but I might've went there if it pissed me off...lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-fis-rude-family-member?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5c69dc2e-58c6-4e1d-9949-71103d413918Post:a6d5be22-370c-489b-8e5b-e997932adfd6">Re: XP-FI's RUDE Family Member</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly would not care what she thinks. You should've said, <strong>"Pues, me gusta"</strong>. End of discussion. Sorry that might be kinda mean, but I might've went there if it pissed me off...lol.
    Posted by lil01[/QUOTE]
     HAHA I said EXACTALY that right after she responded to my qustion about why she didn't like them. lol, and that was the end of it. Totally not mean at all, what SHE said was 10x's worse.
  • MmeSterlingMmeSterling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, that's not her wedding, not even her child's wedding so she has no say in this. Second of all, THIS DRESS IS GORGEOUS! What is it that no le gusta?? Surprised
    And last but not least, SHE will not be wearing the dress...and she will not get to look as good as your bridesmaids! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards