California-Los Angeles

Looking for a cool Hollywood wedding venue.

Hi!  Im on a mission to find the perfect venue to hold my wedding and I havent had very much luck.  The theme of the wedding is Dark Old HollywoodGlamour/Rock n Roll, so Im looking for something unique.  Originally. I had thought of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel or the Oviatt Penthouse, but they are a bit pricey.  I would LOVE a rooftop wedding overlooking Hollywood!  Or if I could find a cool, old rental house with an amazing backyard/view. Most places are too new and lack personality.  Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere unique in the LA area?  The budget is around 3000 for the rental, but can be a little higher for something worth it. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Re: Looking for a cool Hollywood wedding venue.

• edited December 2011
    How about the Cheatu Maramount (spellin?)  it  is on Sunset.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe Citrus at Social on Sunset and Cahuenga?

I got married at Ramsey's at the Club, which is in Toluca Lake, but it has a sort of 1920s look - lots of wood, including a nice, all-wood bar. I'd say it only works for about up to 100 people, though. And you have to go through them for your catering (which was fabulous, actually).
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • catiecastingcatiecasting member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would love to talk to you about a new wedding show I am working for Lifetime TV.  email me at catiecasting@gmail.com

Thank you!

Catie
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked Smog Shoppe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RizzWeddingRizzWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How about Peterson Auto Museum? I know they can host events on the second floor indoors (next to the nice car displays) or on the fourth floor (rooftop)  indoors/outdoors... the fourth floor has an all glass pavilion and I believe they can hold receptions right outside that too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sfchicksfchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    City Club at Bunker Hill? Vibiana (i think 5k), Jonathan Club?? Marvimon(same pricey).

There's a restaurant that Janet Klein performs at but i can't remember the name - it's got to have the 1920's flair for sure if she performs there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards