Ohio-Cincinnati

Seamstress Recommendation?

Good Morning Ladies,
     Can anyone recommend a seamstress in the Greater Cinci/NKY area?
     I went to Rip n Stitch in Kenwood and didn't get a very good reception, kinda felt like she didn't want to fool with my dress.  Anyhow, I'd prefer to go somewhere based on referral than to just wing it.  It'd help if their prices are reasonable too.
Thanks!

Re: Seamstress Recommendation?

• edited December 2011
    Stitches by Pauline.. she does it out of her house...
    I get my dress back next week so I can let you know how it fits, but she was great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't seen her yet, although she's had great reviews on this board: Lori Schur. She's in Fairfield though, I'm not sure if that's out of your way. She works out of her home. Send me a PM if you'd like her phone number!
    Anniversary
  • schnenaschnena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sew Much by Mary in Reading - she is super nice and very reasonable.  Her number is 376-9638
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kasper923kasper923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies- I'm gonna start calling now.
    lindsaynewbride-My computer won't let me PM you :(
  • edited December 2011
    Stiches by Pauline gets my vote as well! Easy to work with and I thought her prices were good as well!
  • Kel8204Kel8204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Kim Dao's Alterations in Cincinnati - she was recommended to me by another knottie.  She was quick, did a great job on my dress, and was reasonably priced.

• edited December 2011
    Special Occasions, a small bridal shop on the east side.  The two ladies who do alterations there are awesome!  They're super nice, do amazing work and in a timely manner as well.  Not sure where you are located but if you're close I would absolutely recommend them.  They put in so much extra time and effort into making my dress fit and have a good bussle, they definitely went out of there way. 
  • edited December 2011
    I've been working with Margaret Oldfield on the west side.  She's a little far out if you're not a west sider, but I drive all the way from Mason to get to her because I think she's that good!  She's a miracle worker and so nice to work with.  Let me know if you want her number!
  • hbrockman01hbrockman01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_seamstress-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:b568e697-7571-4595-b5d2-a3a13c9857f3Post:6d9f5b0d-c00b-419f-9327-5fc5a6b7c4c5">Re: Seamstress Recommendation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sew Much by Mary in Reading - she is super nice and very reasonable.  Her number is 376-9638
    Posted by schnena[/QUOTE]

Love, love, love her! She is more than reasonable and is so friendly, I couldn't imagine my dress in anyone else's hands. Also, she is storing my dress at no additional charge until the week before at which time she is having it pressed/steamed as well as my veil! She also sells accessories such as jewelry and veils much more affordable to some other places!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I second Kim Dao Alterations.  She did my bustle and it was affordable and well done.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_seamstress-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:b568e697-7571-4595-b5d2-a3a13c9857f3Post:0e6c9acd-56d8-4c04-97c1-c0d213875467">Re: Seamstress Recommendation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen her yet, although she's had great reviews on this board: Lori Schur. She's in Fairfield though, I'm not sure if that's out of your way. She works out of her home. Send me a PM if you'd like her phone number!
    Posted by lindsaynewbride10[/QUOTE]

I cannot recommend Lori highly enough.  She has done my rehearsal dinner and reception dresses and has done an amazing (and affordable) job.  She is really nice and is flexible.  You will not be sorry if you choose to work with Lori!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_seamstress-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:b568e697-7571-4595-b5d2-a3a13c9857f3Post:8bfe01c1-806d-4d1f-a089-fece53d91a79">Re: Seamstress Recommendation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies- I'm gonna start calling now. lindsaynewbride-My computer won't let me PM you :(
    Posted by kasper923[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'd be a problem for me to just post the phone number, as you'd probably be able to get it by googling her anyway:
    513-825-1987

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would absolutely recommend Frances Hoffman, she is located on Highland Avenue in Ft. Thomas, KY. She does all of my alterations for everything from prom to my bridesmaid dress and my sisters wedding dress. She is incredibly affordable, reliable, and will make you feel entirely comfortable!!
  • Stefunny366Stefunny366 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue's Creations in Montgomery (near go bananas comedy club) is who I used! She is awesome. Great work, great prices, and super fast! I will be taking all of my alterations to her from now on!
  • jcocco2000jcocco2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leanna's Studio - she does it from her house
  • lschurlschur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All -

Just wanted anyone who reads this to know that I have moved from the Fairfield area to the Maineville area.  My new phone number is (513) 583-5350.  I look forward to helping brides look beautiful on their special day!

Lorie Schur
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards