Maine

Sites Near Five Islands, Midcoast Maine

Hi everyone!

I am an out of state bride(fiance is from Maine) and I could use yoru help:) Has anyone checked out any sites near Five Islands, Reid State Park or Popham Beach State park? We are looking in to the Mooring. Has anyone been here?

Re: Sites Near Five Islands, Midcoast Maine

• edited December 2011
    I've heard the mooring is gorgeous for an outdoor wedding, not sure about pricing and I don't know the other two
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at the Stonehouse Manor for our Oct. 1st wedding. The owner is super nice (can't remember her name)...we stopped by without an appointment and she took over an hour to talk with us. The grounds are beautiful as is the actual inn. I remember the owner saying that she acts as a wedding planner and does everything from flowers to food (tent, band, rentals, etc.) She has her own chef on site. She was open to the reception going for as long as you want and even puts out food later on so guests can have a midnight snack. We did not choose this venue because we wanted a bigger place for all our guests to stay over and it was out of our price range.
  • LillyBean7LillyBean7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks SO much for the info:) Good to know about the pricing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards