Flowers

Alternating centerpieces

Just looking for input on centerpieces... I was initially going to do all tall centerpieces (not in the way of seeing across the table.)  Then my florist recommended doing 50/50.  Half on the table and half tall, stating that way its not over kill and the eyes don't just stay at one level... any thoughts?

Re: Alternating centerpieces

• budvar1012budvar1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I like the idea of variety, I'd go with what the florist suggests.
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The florist has probably done a lot more flowers than you have, so you should listen to her.

Tall arrangements can be very dramatic, so if they are all tall it can easily overpower the room, and puts all the focus up above the tables.  If the centerpieces are also full, it can feel almost claustrophobic.  So alternating them with lower arrangements balances the room out.

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a couple of wedding that had a 50/50 split of centerpieces and it looked nice.  Go with your florists suggestion.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I like the 50/50 better. I've been to wedding with all tall and it does make the eyes look towards the ceilings. You can't beat 50/50.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs, go with the florist's suggestion. Plus, I think the variety of alternating centerpieces looks great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Erika LimpinErika Limpin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is what I'm doing for my reception.  My friend had it like that at theirs and it's so amazing.  All tall centerpieces would be overkill, and w/ the short ones, it's just more visually interesting, not to mention less expensive!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards