Missouri-Kansas City

acoustic guitarist/singer for ceremony

We're in search for an acoustic guitar player/singer that can do Ryan Adams, David Gray, Ray Lamontagne covers for our ceremony.

Please let me know if you know anyone in the KC area. We're desperate!

Thanks! Melina

Re: acoustic guitarist/singer for ceremony

• edited December 2011
    We are going with Jim Lammers.  He can pretty much do whatever you want, but if you visit his website he has a sample list.  He also brings his own wireless mikes, etc. that even the officiant can use.
    Before we met with him we sent him some songs that weren't on our playlist that we were interested in him playing for our ceremony and he found the sheet music online and learned it!  He played it for us when we went to met with him (having just learned it a few days prior) and it was pretty good....I also met with a baker who used him and she had a "Beatles" themed wedding!

Here is his website:
    http://www.guitarelegance.com/home.html
  • edited December 2011
    We used Jim too and he was wonderful! I'm not sure if he sings though. I was really surprised by how many guests complimented us on him, lol! He even learned "Calling You" by Blue October for me by ear. Above and beyond a super guy.
  • edited December 2011

I definitely think he will sing!  He sang the song we had requested for him to learn (First Day of my Life by Bright Eyes) and said he would sing it at the wedding if we wanted him to!

Definitely contact him and let him know what songs you are interested in and I'm sure he will learn them for you, if you doesn't know them already!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards