Military Brides
Options

Could bite the head off a rattlesnake... (Loooong rant)

I am SOOOO ANGRY!  Roar!!!

I just spent 5 hours on the phone with tech support from Lenovo for brand new top-of-the-line all-in-one desktop systems that are absolute junk.  My keyboard was typing "tg" every time I tried to type "g" or "t".  Same went for "h" and "y"  - it was always "hy" regardless of which of those letters I wanted to type.  And if I hit shift, my keyboard (which is a Bluetooth) disconnected and had to be turned off and on again to re-engage with my computer.  So I couldn't type an @ sign or anything capitalized.  Oh, and if I hit space, I ended up with one of two things happening - either it went4 like4 this4 all4 the4 time4 (wtf is up with 4?!) or it would put the space behind the previous letter I had typed so all my words ended a letter early and started with the last letter of the previous word (lik ethi sridiculou sexcus efo r asentenc e.)  And if I backspaced while in Explorer, you know, while I was trying to erase the extraneous letters so I could google the problem to figure out what was wrong, then the screen went to "full screen" mode, and then the next time I hit backspace, it was minimized entirely. 

Stupid tech support had me factory reboot my computer, okay fine it's only been 2 weeks so there's nothing major on there anyway that couldn't fit on a flash drive.  Didn't do anything.  So then they tell me that they can order me a new one, but it takes 2-3 business days and today doesn't count because it's after 4pm.  Uh, I called you originally at 11am, you morons!  We've been on the phone for 5 freaking hours, and now you tell me it's too late to order one today?!  The post office doesn't close until 5pm, get your butts over there!  Oh, wait, you mean you aren't actually in New Jersey, like you've been claiming?  I could have guessed that, based on the fact that all 6 people that I spoke with had heavy Indian accents.  LIARS!  Call your stupid factory in the middle of nowhere USA and have them send me my keyboard TODAY!

So I had to escalate it to the manager, who started by asking, "So do you want it hear it from our side?"  And I said, "Uh, no.  My company just spent a lot of money to purchase several full workstations from you guys, and now we're finding out that they're junk.  You're telling me that due to YOUR company's error, I cannot work until Friday when I receive the replacement keyboard.  I get paid $X per day, are you going to reimburse my company for that money since I can't work?  No?  Then get me that keyboard or you can be held liable for the losses incurred as a direct result of the investment in your products!"  A little fake-lawyer talk scared him enough to - gasp - call their factory and have it overnighted to me.

I could spit bullets.  Heck, I could bite a bullet in half.  I need about a 6 pack of beer to dull this stress headache.  What the heII, bring on the case.  I'm getting schwastey tonight!  I deserve it!

Anyone else want to complain about something?  Make me feel like a brat for being so upset about something so trivial?  I'd love to have it put in perspective, because I'm seething right now.

Anniversary

Re: Could bite the head off a rattlesnake... (Loooong rant)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    eek that's super lame... I hate tech support anywhere.. Really and truly miserable. blah.

My rant for the day is calling non RSVPers. We gave them an extra 5 days. It's time. and people are being lame and not answering their phones.. uuuuuuuuugh. And then we have a couple that we have "heard" are coming but I refuse to take a "through the grapevine" response.
    One of my BMs hasn't even RSVPed. ONE OF MY BMs!!!! It is taking all my energy not to blow up on her.
    One of the NON rsvpers I  send an invite to because she kinda guilted me- I said screw it and texted her "Hey! It's a bummer that you are unable to make it to the wedding, but I understand that life gets busy. Hope all is well! :) "

Yeah. I don't care anymore. I don't have the patience for people. lol.
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also hate tech support more than anything in life itself and will do pretty much whatever I can to avoid a 1-800 number. Especially after having friends that work for the WalMart call center. It is where all human dignity goes to die. I'm a little pissed today because FI's brother sent him a Facebook message yesterday asking for $400 to pay an ex-roomate that the brother has owed for almost 6 months now. FI and I just don't have that kind of money, especially after renting our moving truck this weekend to get the furniture here (couch! Yay!).
    Even once FI gets paid, we have quite a few things to take care of here, and FI needs to buy his mess dress for something in September.The other part of this is that FI offered to buy his brother a cell phone and minutes and give him a little cash if he helped us move some stuff and get FI's car back down here, but his brother just ignored all phone calls this weekend. Until he sent a message asking for money. grrr.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a vent!!
       I can't stand most of the older people in my classes (no offense if someone is an "older/adult student", these are the 14 women in my class that drive me absolutely insane).  In my intro to computers class I grind my teeth for the entire hour.  I mean, I understand that everyone was not raised using computers like I was. I know that keyboarding only became an educational requirement in NC like 10 years ago.  I get it, but if you don't know how to turn the dang thing on, you should probably start with a keyboarding class, which is very clearly described in the course catalogue as: basic computer operations, functions, and basic keyboarding.  Or maybe ask your "tech genius" 9 y/o to teach you to turn it on so you don't waste 30 minutes of class time with your dumba$$ questions.  And while I'm on the subject of your 9 y/o, I don't care what the score of his last little league game was, nor do I see how the heck it relates to this class!!   And even if you marked the right answer, erased it and marked another answer.. It's still wrong.  They ask a question after question about even the most common sense things.  Or they constantly feel the need to share personal stories that are irrelevant.
       Not to mention the fact that they will practically mow you down going into class to sit as close to the teacher as possible, and push and shove when class is over to either a) ask the teacher 28 other questions or for extra credit (I overheard this one today and we're only 3 weeks into the semester..) or b) to go smoke 3 cigarettes in the 15 minutes they have between classes, contributing to their pack a day voice, and smoker's cough.  I mean seriously? SERIOUSLY?! just because you're older than most of the people at the school, doesn't mean you get special treatment Princess.Yell

ETA: I got a 100 on my test!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes, what a day you had C! I really do hate tech support and calling any other kind of customer service. I hate that I always end up on the phone with them for a couple of hours. 

I don't have that huge of  a vent, but H got his plane ticket home a few days ago(Yay!) but it's only LA not Portland which is where we're supposed to be. It's also on a different airline than me so we won't be flying home together, and now we have to buy his plane ticket from LA to Portland. It's a bit irritating, but hey it's the military so we're used to it. 

Also, yesterday we went to the housing office and household move office to try to figure out our stuff. We then found out that we had to make so many appointments before we can get anything done, we have 4 in fact. We'll have even more later, we had to make an appointment for the housing office to make us other appointments! How ridiculous is that? We're in a bit of a time crunch, I just hope we get everything done on time! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's awesome! Props to you and your fake lawyer talk lol. My vent is with stupid McGraw Hill. My speech class's textbook was backordered and not sure when they'd be back in so our school negotiated with the publishers and got an ebook available for us on blackboard. It worked last week but quit working yesterday. I emailed them and told them my problem and they said all tech issues had to done by phone and they gave me their ph number. So I called and they said (an automated msg) most answers could be found online or email. Seriously?!?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, this isn't a "vent", but its for sure an annoyance. I was at 7-11 a few minutes ago, and ran into my former "boss". Let me give you a little backround. The biitch is super fake annoying, she thinks shes a pin up model, which is fine and all, but she's not all that and acts like she's hot shiit and better then everyone. Like, if you don't dress like in pin-up, she looks down on you. Anyway, so her and I have always had a frenemy relationship. Cordial, but can't stand each other. She was always trying to get me to go out and "party" with her for some reason, and I always rejected her. So, back to 7-11... I see her, and say hi, cause what else am I gonna do, she saw me. She says hi back, but then a minute later, she practically RAN out of the store! HA HA HA, like, I don't get it? Why are people so immature and weird? We don't have to talk, but we can be in the same store without any issues! I waved hi, what's your deal? 
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I hate the tech people... they are the most annoying people on earth.

The only thing worse is the people at the car dealerships. UGH!  My "service airbag" light came on (and then went off a few days later) But I had to take it in... no big deal, I have a warrenty. I wake up really early on my day off to take it in at 7am. When I drop it off they say only a couple of hours  I should have it back in time for my class at three.

They take me home and I sit around my apartment doing work until I realize that it is 1:30, I need my car in an hour for class so I call the guy. No answer...call his cell phone... no answer. Call my dad to see what I should do...He calls the place and they answer (That makes me angry...)  It wasn't my airbag that was having a problem. It was my battery (of course... NOT on the warrenty). But they knew about the battery probably 5 hours ago...why didn't you call to tell me??? I call them back... twice before he picks up for me. And I calmly tell him that I want someone to pick me up, NOW. I will go to wal-mart pay them half the cost and get a fine battery. He objects and tells me that those batteries are crap. "What will it take for you to buy your battery from us?' ....half the price. 30 minutes after I called for someone to pick me up the driver shows up (I live 10 minutes away). (2:30 btw) so I agree to pay, just so they stfu and pick me up. Turns out the tech guy already put the battery in without my consent..that is why they insisted that I buy from them. In the end I was late to class.

After I got out of class I went home and needed to print an article for todays class. I was going to be at work until class time so I thought I'd read it last night. I had 4 pieces of paper left (8 page article)..I thought GREAT! No need to make a wal-mart run at 9pm. My printer eats the paper...so I DO have to go to walmart. Ugh. Walmart after 9 is not a place I like to go.

I'm at walmart getting printer paper and thinking... I deserve some ice cream... so I buy some ice cream and waffle cones. When I get home I go to eat the ice cream and notice the stupid stocker cut the top of the carton with his box cutter. =( No ice cream for me.

Basically that was my day. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is going to be short and sweet and to the point.

Its not any of your business if I want a child. This is my life. Not yours. I do what I need to, to make ME happy. Not you. If you're unhappy go do something that makes you happy. But stop trying to ruin my happiness. 

As far as talking to my FI goes. Go ahead talk to him. Tell him BS. He thinks you're a crock of sh!t. and could care less what you say.

Have a nice lonely life :]
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendall, who the heck are you ranting at?

Anniversary

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_could-bite-head-off-rattlesnake-loooong-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:47145252-9cb0-43bc-8bfe-2c9aa1bb5e8fPost:b75f9ba7-9439-470f-900b-a58a37cf3c35">Re: Could bite the head off a rattlesnake... (Loooong rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is going to be short and sweet and to the point. Its not any of your business if I want a child. This is my life. Not yours. I do what I need to, to make ME happy. Not you. If you're unhappy go do something that makes you happy. But stop trying to ruin my happiness.  As far as talking to my FI goes. Go ahead talk to him. Tell him BS. He thinks you're a crock of sh!t. and could care less what you say. Have a nice lonely life :]
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]

And this actually sounds more like a cry for help - "I do what I need to, to make ME happy... Stop trying to ruin my happiness".  If you feel like you need to "make" yourself be happy, then you should talk to a therapist.  And no one can ruin your happiness unless you let them.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds rather insecure and defensive.

Anniversary

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    And, ya know, since you brought it up first...

I think anyone who is remotely affiliated with you guys in real life has a right to tell you that it's a bad idea to have a kid.  Why?  Because you're still not independently stable so you'd rely on family and friends to help you out.  So it kinda is their business.

You've been dating your FI for less than a year, and yet you're trying for a baby and planning a wedding still more than two years away - double the time you've already known each other.  You're super young and haven't finished your education, had to move in with your FI's parents because your own parents kicked you out apparently.  This just doesn't sound stable.

It's a selfish idea to have a baby right now.  It's immature and not a logical decision.  I know plenty of people who had babies before they got married, and not one of the girls I know actually ended up marrying her baby's father.  Why?  Because having a baby is stressful and expensive and time consuming, so if you don't already have a stable relationship built over mutual experiences over time, then it's less likely to survive the challenge.  You said your own parents had you without ever getting married and that they separated - do you think this is ideal?  Is that what you want - to have a baby with your FI and then separate?  I really don't get the way your mind works.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_could-bite-head-off-rattlesnake-loooong-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:47145252-9cb0-43bc-8bfe-2c9aa1bb5e8fPost:b75f9ba7-9439-470f-900b-a58a37cf3c35">Re: Could bite the head off a rattlesnake... (Loooong rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is going to be short and sweet and to the point. Its not any of your business if I want a child. This is my life. Not yours. I do what I need to, to make ME happy. Not you. If you're unhappy go do something that makes you happy. But stop trying to ruin my happiness.  As far as talking to my FI goes. Go ahead talk to him. Tell him BS. He thinks you're a crock of sh!t. and could care less what you say. Have a nice lonely life :]
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]
    I agree. I hate when people try to tell me how to live my life. Like telling me to wait til I'm done with college to get married and things like that.I was like  I'm not waiting 4 years to get married. Also when I was gone to be with FI in the hospital the TA of my discussion group for econ said I was only marrying my FI because he was in the Army (said that and more all in front of my sister who was also in the class) Except when he joined we'd been together a year and a half and had been talking about getting married for over a year. That was fun returning to that class
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What the heck are you talking about Kendall?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_could-bite-head-off-rattlesnake-loooong-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:47145252-9cb0-43bc-8bfe-2c9aa1bb5e8fPost:61cc6d15-364c-4b31-879d-76a41cc6f244">Re: Could bite the head off a rattlesnake... (Loooong rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, ya know, since you brought it up first... I think anyone who is remotely affiliated with you guys in real life has a right to tell you that it's a bad idea to have a kid.  Why?  Because you're still not independently stable so you'd rely on family and friends to help you out.  So it kinda is their business. You've been dating your FI for less than a year, and yet you're trying for a baby and planning a wedding still more than two years away - double the time you've already known each other.  You're super young and haven't finished your education, had to move in with your FI's parents because your own parents kicked you out apparently.  This just doesn't sound stable. It's a selfish idea to have a baby right now.  It's immature and not a logical decision.  I know plenty of people who had babies before they got married, and not one of the girls I know actually ended up marrying her baby's father.  Why?  Because having a baby is stressful and expensive and time consuming, so if you don't already have a stable relationship built over mutual experiences over time, then it's less likely to survive the challenge.  You said your own parents had you without ever getting married and that they separated - do you think this is ideal?  Is that what you want - to have a baby with your FI and then separate?  I really don't get the way your mind works.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I had a fantastic life. Seriously. 

</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_could-bite-head-off-rattlesnake-loooong-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:47145252-9cb0-43bc-8bfe-2c9aa1bb5e8fPost:beb3e5c9-127a-4a43-b714-1e79098ff2ef">Re: Could bite the head off a rattlesnake... (Loooong rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What the heck are you talking about Kendall?
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    just a vent
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is the twist to my vent. This girl is 19 and 2 days away from her due date with her son
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards