Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Venue help Friday in April

Hi Brides,

We just got engaged but want to find a venue very soon. We are hoping to book a Friday in April 2014. I am looking to have 125 guests and around 100110 a person.

We want a vintage themed wedding w everything in the same location. We'd like separate spots for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Grounds for photos would be nice. Outdoor ceremony would be ideal w a back up rain plan separate from reception room. Any suggestions?

Re: Venue help Friday in April

• Hi Brides, We just got engaged but want to find a venue very soon. We are hoping to book a Friday in April 2014. I am looking to have 125 guests and around 100110 a person. We want a vintage themed wedding w everything in the same location. We'd like separate spots for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Grounds for photos would be nice. Outdoor ceremony would be ideal w a back up rain plan separate from reception room. Any suggestions?
  • Check out Jeffrey Miller Catering... they have a ton of locations around philly.  I'm getting married in December at the Racquet Club... it's vintage and beautiful and everything all in one place.  I dont think they have space for outdoor ceremonies, though... but still worth a look (plus it's right in rittenhouse square in philly!).  

On my hunt for venues, I also found Aldie Mansion and The Community Arts center.  All run by Jeffrey Miller and all that meet that criteria.... Give them a shot!  Good luck and congrats!!

• My wedding is in a vintage train station - Columbia Station. It has an outdoor ceremony area, inside room for cocktail hour, and a large ballroom.  They have really reasonable pricing too.  I've seen pictures of Knowlton Mansion and Glen Foerd which are old mansions, but I have no idea of pricing. Good luck!
  • hastabalasanahastabalasana member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013

I definitely recommend the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown! I'm getting married there soon!  It is a historic building with lots of character.  The outdoor ceremony options are what sold me on the venue.  (Unfortunately you’d have to get creative to with a back up rain plan:  there are several rooms that could work, but it would be tight with 125).  Ive had my fingers crossed for the last 9 months that it wont rain on wedding day! Also: you get a discount for a Friday wedding! Heres a link with some photos http://partyspace.com/provider/detail/765 They also do an open house every Tuesday evening, no appointment needed: very convenient.  Have fun!

• Thank you everyone! I'm going to check out Aldie Mansion tomorrow!
  • I am getting married at Corinthian Yacht Club in Essington. It is an older building right on the river. It has some vintage qualities, although mainly nautical. The nice thing about it though is that they have an outdoor space right by the river for a ceremony, as well as a room in their building that still looks out on the water that you can use if it rains. They also have a big tent with concrete floor set up on site that you can use for the ceremony if the weather is questionable. You can also use it for cocktail hour or even have your dinner under the tent there. There is also space in the building for cocktails and dinner, although the dinner/dancing space it a bit oddly shaped. Greg, the General Manager, has been great so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • The Wayne Art Center!  It's different and beautiful and you'll probably be the only one of your friends to be married in a gallery :)  There are options for an outdoor ceremony and a great gallery spave for an indoor ceremony.  The main dining area is...you guessed it...in a gallery room and its fantastic.  Jeffrey Miller Catering handles the food and organizes the schedule of the days events AND gets in contact to coordinate with your other venders!  This space has it all.  Check it out :)  We're getting married there in May and I'm beyond excited!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards