Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

who all gets corsages and boutonnieres?

Obviously our parents get corsages and boutonnieres but who else?  Does it extend to grandparents,stepparents, siblings? Trying to figure my floral budget out but i'm stuck!

Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: who all gets corsages and boutonnieres?

• We did parents, grandparents, our 2 ushers and our 2 readers in addition to all of the WP flowers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    It's up to you.  No one has to have corsages and boutonnieres.  If you want your parents to have them (you may want to ask first), but no one else, you can stop there.  Some people include grandparents, but again, it is not necessary.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In addition to what PP's have suggested, we also had flowers for godparents.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_who-all-gets-corsages-and-boutonnieres?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:eacd7d46-e89b-43c8-855f-9878565784d6Post:c36b45c9-b5b4-41d6-ae07-a95b63a450fe">Re: who all gets corsages and boutonnieres?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In addition to what PP's have suggested, we also had flowers for godparents.
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

This is what I was going to add, at all my cousin's weddings, their Godparents had flowers as well.  I am planning on corsages/boutonnieres for our parents, grandparents, and Godparents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • parents/step-parents
    grandparents
    ushers
    groomsmen
    groom
    anyone participating in the ceremony:  singer, reader, candlelighter, etc.
  • Wedding party, parents, grandparents, greatgrandma, and anyone else who has a part in the wedding. Otherwise they dont need one.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited May 2012
    We had them for our GM, ushers, parents, and grandparents.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • thanks everyone!  we don't have godparents so we don't have to worry about that.  i think we're going to stick with parents, grandparents and those in the wedding.  i saw in another post that  other people had also given a boutonniere to the officiant...any thoughts on that?
    Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're giving one to our officiant, but it's my guy's best friend and he was originally the best man until we 'promoted' him.  So I guess if it's someone you know and want to, otherwise, you could probably skip it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting flowers for the wedding party, both sets of parents, FI's grandma, and our 2 readers.  We don't have ushers.

You could easily do wedding party and parents and leave it at that.  No matter how pretty the flowers are at the wedding, most people will throw them away at the end of the night. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did parents, our parents' partners, our siblings (who were readers) and our wedding party. We do not have grandparents.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards