Hawaii

South Maui Wedding - Sugarman/Kukahiko

I am trying to decide between Sugarman Estate and Kukahiko Estate this fall. We are expecting around 50 guests. Any recommendations? 

Re: South Maui Wedding - Sugarman/Kukahiko

• Pillbug88Pillbug88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    We were deciding between Olawalu, Sugarman and Kukahiko for our May wedding for about 40-50 people. Olawalu wasn't available on the date we needed, so the decision came down to Sugarman or Kukahiko. Sugarman's is a very large estate and was more expensive for everything (property rental, set-up, extras required such as tent, etc). Kukahiko is a much smaller/intimate venue, and ultimately we thought this fit what we wanted better and was more in line with our budget.

This is the wedding planner I'm using and on her website blog you can look at pictures from other weddings by location to get a better sense of layout. Check out the Kukahiko Estate ones and the Sugarman (or on here it's under Honua Kai Lani). 

Good luck deciding! Everything is so beautiful in Maui, I'm sure you won't go wrong whatever you decide!
  • pikakegirlpikakegirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Not sure if this fits what you're looking for, but we had a 50+ person wedding here:

http://innovarhomes.com/upcountry-kula-estate

We rented it for a week and it served as headquarters for our families. It sleeps about 20 people extremely comfortably.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards