Snarky Brides

Sunday Morning!

I slept till 10:30. I didnt get to sleep till 12:30 last night, long day!

Today I'm going to clean under the sink, I bought a organizer for undersink and some liners for the cabinets. I'm following through with my promise to clean at least one cabinet every weekend.

I have to pick up the dog at around 5PM, so mini vacation will be over soon ;) And H will be headed home today. Back to the real life.

How are you today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sunday Morning!

• I'm good! Got up earlyish this morning and ran a 5K for my work. Coldest run probably since March and boy did I feel it. My chest/lungs were very unhappy. I've been training for my half so that's the first time I've run a fast 3 miles in a long, long time. Took the first mile out way too fast since I was thining "it's only 3 miles.."  Dumb. I don't have my official time but I believe I ended up around 25:10, which is not good but not bad.

Football today. H and I both had bad losses yesterday. He's still in a pissy mood because of that and I am PMSing so today should be pleasant :( 

I'm going to try to bake an apple pie after the Lions game. I don't bake so this could be a disaster. I felt like an asshole at Kroger getting in line with a ton of apples, a pie tin and a rolling pin. Pretty obvious it's my first pie lol.
    June 16, 2012
  • Acapone- I think 25:10 is an awesome time, great job. I can not run, it's too much for me. I'll walk circles around anyone, but running, no! My husband used to run 3 miles 3 times a week, he's upped it to 5 recently, not sure what he's going for, he's too healthy for me ;)

• Haha thanks! I enjoy running but I'm ready for something new. Once I'm done with this half I'm gonna get back to the gym and lifting. Or if I can find the money I'd love to try some sort of fitness class.

Part of me feels like I should keep going and train for a full-marathon just so I can say I've done it. If I'm ever gonna do it now would be a good time (not in school, no kids yet, already in running shape, etc.) but when it comes down to it, I just don't have much desire to run one other than to say I've done it and I just don't know if that's a good enough reason.

Way to go with your cabinent mission. I should do that but it's so frustrating I doubt I'll ever get to it.
    June 16, 2012
  • Oy!! Up early-ish but haven't moved yet!  I'm a runner too and that's a great time!!! If you're getting bored look into tri's - it breaks up the monotony! I however am NOT running today at all! I have a hairline stress fracture in my hip from years of long distance running and the chill today is killing me!!!! Im limping around the house getting ready to start cleaning like an animal!! I will, I will.... soon. LOL - TK is keeping me from doing my housework! :) Have a great day all!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-morning-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a89f3172-dd87-4ede-9833-9b913cb74569Post:322078b9-e6dc-4060-99e9-9cd5ec8706cf">Re: Sunday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha thanks! I enjoy running but I'm ready for something new. Once I'm done with this half I'm gonna get back to the gym and lifting. Or if I can find the money I'd love to try some sort of fitness class. Part of me feels like I should keep going and train for a full-marathon just <strong>so I can say</strong> <strong>I've done it.</strong> If I'm ever gonna do it now would be a good time (not in school, no kids yet, already in running shape, etc.) but when it comes down to it, I just don't have much desire to run one other than to say I've done it and I just don't know if that's a good enough reason. Way to go with your cabinent mission. I should do that but it's so frustrating I doubt I'll ever get to it.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

But this is a reason, as you pointed out, do it now and than you can look back and say I've done that!
    I'm 46 and I wasnt even on a plane till about 6 years ago, now I've been to so many places and I wonder when I was younger what held me back (besides money that is). Do it now while you are young, I think when my son was born I was scared something would happen to me and than what would happen to him? KWIM. It may have been irrational, but I'm sure I didnt do a lot of stuff because of it.
  • As far as the cabinets are concerned, I just cant stand it anymore, there is so much stuff we dont even use taking up space. I started with the fridge last week. My H thinks I've lost my mind, I've been on a cleaning, crafting, cooking binge.

Hey T&B, hope you feel better!
  • T&B hello! I don't think I've "met" you yet. Sucks about your hip :( that sounds really painful.

I definitely would like to get into tri's. I was a big swimmer in HS and I biked a little in college. I need a bike though.

Have a good one ladies! Off to the bar to catch the game :)
    June 16, 2012
  • I'm taking a frustration break now. FI is working on the garage (as usual), and I've been working on a project of my own. I'm turning an old, beat up dresser into an entertainment unit for the living room.

I've got it all sanded down and ready to paint, but am replacing the top drawer with a shelf. Sounds simple enough - except that almost every piece of wood I've used is splitting. I just broke the shelf support, and the good drill is mysteriously not working...

The dresser has been sitting in the corner of the kitchen since June, and it's been on my list of things to do since we came back from vacation. Today is the day - even if it kills me!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards