Maine

Reception Places in Southern Maine

Hi All,

My fiance and I are looking to get married at the end of Aug 2013. We are looking for a place where we can have the wedding in an outside tent. We have about 170 guests and would like a venue where we can have an outside/inside feel. I have been searching the internet and could use some additional help! All suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks-B

Re: Reception Places in Southern Maine

• ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    SMCC Campus through Black Tie Catering Co?  Inn by the Sea? 

Both of those have lovely outdoor tent options, the latter is quite a bit pricier- greater Portland area and both with ocean views.
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the reply! Do you have any reviews for the Inn on Peaks Island wedding?

• ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_reception-places-in-southern-maine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:a3b8023e-adcf-4a08-bb5f-f09777244d16Post:397bb769-bd9a-4e13-8e49-4f19ebd5cd5f">Re: Reception Places in Southern Maine</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reply! Do you have any reviews for the Inn on Peaks Island wedding?
    Posted by bellabxo[/QUOTE]

I don't- check weddingwire.com ! 

My sister got married at the Harborview at Jones Landing, if you're looking at Peak's- that's also through Black Tie.  It wasn't a tent, but a covered deck overlooking the water (actually waterfront, the Inn on Peaks is back off the water quite a bit).  There's a cute church on Peak's, or you can have the ceremony on-site (for both Inn on Peaks and Jones Landing).  I would lean towards Jones Landing, but I'm biased ;-)

Are you looking Portland area, or further south? 
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if Freeport is too far, but that was the vibe we were going for in our wedding and that was the vibe we got from the Hilton Garden Inn in Freeport ... they were completely willing to work with out budget and a beautiful space!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're willing to consider Freeport, I recommend the Harraseeket.  We had ceremony outside, cocktail hour on the patio, and reception in the ballroom overlooking the gardens.  It was lovely (and their food is amazing), let me know if you want more info.
  • How much did the Harraseeket cost for you? I think the space is beautiful but looks outside of my budget! Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards