Snarky Brides

It's Tuesday. Hi!

Howdy folks!

I woke up this morning to the sounds of thunder.  It's been so long, it was delightful!  I almost feel ashamed of enjoying it since all those people are about to be affected by Isaac.  A dear friend just barely got out since all flights are cancelled.  How scary for them.

I don't have any classes this morning so I'm probably going to just surf the web for gifts.  My H is so hard to shop for.  He has everything already it seems.  That's okay.  I'll find something good even if I have to make him like it ;)

Also, it's only 8:53am and I'm craving an Icee.  How weird.  I had a Steve Buscemi dream last night too.  I think this whole first week of school thing has me loopy.

Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!

• Morning Anna!

I'm here, yesterday was a Monday for sure. But, pup is home and doing just fine. We have the petsitter coming in twice today, just to keep an eye on him. My PotRoast turned out wonderful yesterday. H said it was awful, but just to be sure he needed another bowl ;)

We cant do intermediat class with Atticus tonight because the doctor wants him to stay calm. They are SO funny over there.

We are headed to the beautiful town of Van Wert, Ohio to visit H's mom. go to the county fair, and finish up some estate stuff this weekend. Should be fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ha!  Hard to be taken seriously when they go back for seconds!  My H did that last night.  Complained the whole time I was cooking.  I added turkey Italian sausage, he was convinced it'll taste like crap because it's not pork, I added "too many" peppers, and cubed zucchini was going to ruin it.  Yeah, he ate lots of it.  Heathen husbands.

Sounds like a great trip!  I love fair food.
  • Good morning!  Long time lurker, thought I'd finally join in.  I made sloppy joes for FI last night and he complained the entire time, but he also went back for seconds...and thirds.  I guess it's better than his specialty: "Microwave cheese" which is his take on grilled cheese, except it's just bread and cheese nuked for a minute...SIIIICK.  Hope I can play!  Although I don't know if I'm snarky enough....am I? 

KIDDING! ;-)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:1c1c393f-74b9-425e-97da-3ee150d3f93c">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha!  Hard to be taken seriously when they go back for seconds!  My H did that last night.  Complained the whole time I was cooking.  I added turkey Italian sausage, he was convinced it'll taste like crap because it's not pork, I added "too many" peppers, and cubed zucchini was going to ruin it.  Yeah, he ate lots of it.  Heathen husbands. Sounds like a great trip!  I love fair food.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

My H just likes to give me crap since I dont cook a whole lot ;) He figured over the weekend since I was cooking, cleaning and crafting I should be barefoot and pregnant. Yeah that aint gonna happen. The only baby he gets is my 21 year old, 6 ft tall, eat you out of house and home kid!
  • Good Morning!

The storm was horrible yesterday. I drove all the way to work through the worst rain to get to work and when I get here no one else is here. No one called me to let me know we had closed for the day. The drove back was fun.

Anna, I have the same problem with FI. He is so hard to shop for. When he wants something he goes out and gets it. His birthday is next month so I will have to start looking now.

Question, do you ladies think I'm to old to start school? I'll be turning 26 in October. Did I miss my chance?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:bafe807e-0cb3-4f17-82f7-a2e75e45a9a9">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  Long time lurker, thought I'd finally join in.  I made sloppy joes for FI last night and he complained the entire time, but he also went back for seconds...and thirds.  I guess it's better than his specialty: "Microwave cheese" which is his take on grilled cheese, <strong>except it's just bread and cheese nuked for a minute...SIIIICK.</strong>  Hope I can play!  Although I don't know if I'm snarky enough....am I?  KIDDING! ;-)
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

That is just NASTY! And not proper for consumption.

Hey Al57, good you can join us.
  • Morning!  My work computer is FINALLY functioning normally, which is wonderful. 

FI pitched a fit because I made gluten free cookies for a friend the other day (they are gritty, they dont taste right, etc) but then he ate about 10 of the leftovers yesterday.  I think they taste pretty damn good for being dairy/gluten/wheat free.

I got home last night and found that our carpets had been cleaned by the maintenance staff after their contractors spilled paint on it Friday.  I had no idea they were coming and they scared Ada so much she hid deep in the closet and got herself stuck in a corner.  I had to dig her out when I got home, poor thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Hello!

Microwave non-grilled cheese sounds gross.  Sorry.

We can't find our Muenster kitty.  I'm so sad.  No one has seen him since Saturday morning.  He likes to cat around at night in the summer, but he's always home in the morning for his chicken.  I hope he didn't get eaten by a fox.  8-(
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:0ebdb0da-195f-461e-937d-15b9362315cc">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday. Hi! :<strong> That is just NASTY! And not proper for consumption. </strong>Hey Al57, good you can join us.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I know, I can't even be in the same room with him when he does it.  I just don't understand why butter, bread, cheese + frying pan is so hard!  Gotta love those quirks :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:a6013ac6-881b-4dac-872f-86d4dadb2f2e">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! The storm was horrible yesterday. I drove all the way to work through the worst rain to get to work and when I get here no one else is here. No one called me to let me know we had closed for the day. The drove back was fun. Anna, I have the same problem with FI. He is so hard to shop for. When he wants something he goes out and gets it. His birthday is next month so I will have to start looking now. <strong>Question, do you ladies think I'm to old to start school? I'll be turning 26 in October</strong>. Did I miss my chance?
    Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]

You are never too old to start school. Anna is in school and she's ancient! (j/k Anna)

As far as the husbands I have the same problem, I put the kibosh on his shopping after Thanksgiving.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:bafe807e-0cb3-4f17-82f7-a2e75e45a9a9">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  Long time lurker, thought I'd finally join in.  I made sloppy joes for FI last night and he complained the entire time, but he also went back for seconds...and thirds.  I guess it's better than his specialty: "Microwave cheese" which is his take on grilled cheese, except it's just bread and cheese nuked for a minute...SIIIICK.  Hope I can play!  Although I don't know if I'm snarky enough....am I?  KIDDING! ;-)
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

<div>EWWWWWWWWWWW.</div><div>
    </div><div>Glad you came out of lurking!  I love playing with new people.I<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:a6013ac6-881b-4dac-872f-86d4dadb2f2e">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! The storm was horrible yesterday. I drove all the way to work through the worst rain to get to work and when I get here no one else is here. No one called me to let me know we had closed for the day. The drove back was fun. Anna, I have the same problem with FI. He is so hard to shop for. When he wants something he goes out and gets it. His birthday is next month so I will have to start looking now. Question, do you ladies think I'm to old to start school? I'll be turning 26 in October. Did I miss my chance?
    Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>Yep.  Impossible to shop for.  H's birthday isn't until Oct 30, but then there is our anniversary + Christmas a month later so I always get on it early just in case.</div><div>
    </div><div>You did not miss your chance.  More of the people at school are my age and older than little 18 year old youngins.  Do it!  You're never too old for an education!

</div></div>
  • Oh Les, that is so sad. :(  My outdoor cat was missing for 4 days during a bad winter in MA and randomly turned up muddy and hungry.  Maybe yours will turn up? I'll be sending good kitty vibes your way, because I'm pretty sure I would be having an absolute meltdown if Ada or Cheyenne went missing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You are absolutely not too old, Amber.  I finished my Bachelor's when I was 27, and my Master's when I was 45.  Do it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:aa6b5cf8-ffab-471c-af7f-dfee68e2c0a5">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning!  My work computer is FINALLY functioning normally, which is wonderful.  FI pitched a fit because I made gluten free cookies for a friend the other day (they are gritty, they dont taste right, etc) but then he ate about 10 of the leftovers yesterday.  I think they taste pretty damn good for being dairy/gluten/wheat free. I got home last night and found that our carpets had been cleaned by the maintenance staff after their contractors spilled paint on it Friday.  I had no idea they were coming and they scared Ada so much she hid deep in the closet and got herself stuck in a corner.  I had to dig her out when I got home, poor thing.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ooh!  GF cookies that husbands will eat?  Care to share a recipe?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:14e11b2b-0f07-47d6-8162-a819e4a3d42a">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Microwave non-grilled cheese sounds gross.  Sorry. We can't find our Muenster kitty.  I'm so sad.  No one has seen him since Saturday morning.  He likes to cat around at night in the summer, but he's always home in the morning for his chicken.  I hope he didn't get eaten by a fox.  8-(
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh no Les!  Maybe he's just on a road trip.  My dog once took a 4 day excursion.  Never figured out where she went but she did come back.</div>
  • I'm hoping he's just out man-whoring around with his girlfriends.  I *thought* I heard him at the window early this morning, but it's more likely I just wanted to hear him outside.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:457356c2-f0c6-462a-b58e-2838f3f794e4">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping he's just out man-whoring around with his girlfriends.  I *thought* I heard him at the window early this morning, but it's more likely I just wanted to hear him outside.

<div>Maybe he'll show up soon with a harem in tow.  Or babies.  Maybe he'll bring you babies!</div>
  • Haha.  He's been snipped - no babies for Uncle Cheddar to raise!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:dbdebb72-f06b-4d53-9980-bd060c852f68">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha.  He's been snipped - no babies for Uncle Cheddar to raise!

<div>Not that all his girlfriends couldn't try to pawn their babies off on him.  Baby-daddy or not, Cheddar's got a pretty sweet home setup. ;)</div>
  • Anna, it was actually a box mix (I want to say the brand was Gluten Free Dreams).  I couldnt find a recipe that cost less than the $5 box mix (only because I dont have rice flour and would have to buy that) so I went with the box.  What I liked about them is it didnt call for adding oil or eggs, so the dough was a LOT less greasy than normal cookie dough. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Les, sorry about your kitty. I hope he comes home soon. I agree - maybe he's on a mini road trip.

Button - They had no permission to enter your apartment? I'd be so angry.

Thanks for the advice ladies. Maybe I will go for it. I've always felt too old.
  • Amber, they actually dont have permission after the last time they effed things up.  I am so over arguing with them about how unprofessional the maintenance department is.  Thank goodness FI has agreed we need to move when our lease is up in February.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:16276029-d1ca-41a4-a6bb-084f726a13cd">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les, sorry about your kitty. I hope he comes home soon. I agree - maybe he's on a mini road trip. Button - They had no permission to enter your apartment? I'd be so angry. <strong>Thanks for the advice ladies. Maybe I will go for it. I've always felt too old.</strong>
    Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]

Definitely go for it!  Everyone probably feels just as nervous as you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:6d7aba1d-3933-4133-a161-7b19bd6c56d4">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amber, they actually dont have permission after the last time they effed things up.  I am so over arguing with them about how unprofessional the maintenance department is.  Thank goodness FI has agreed we need to move when our lease is up in February.

Well it's good that you are getting out of that place then. We had the same type issues with our last apartment we rented. We were so glad to be out of there. What a head ache. When we gave our notice we scheduled a date for them to come in and inspect. The maintenance manager came two weeks early, while we weren't at home, and left the front door unlocked. We still had a lot of stuff in the apartment and it all could've been stolen. I doubt we would rent again.

They think they can do whatever they want and get away with it!

/endrant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:14e11b2b-0f07-47d6-8162-a819e4a3d42a">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Microwave non-grilled cheese sounds gross.  Sorry. We can't find our Muenster kitty.  I'm so sad.  No one has seen him since Saturday morning.  He likes to cat around at night in the summer, but he's always home in the morning for his chicken.  I hope he didn't get eaten by a fox.  8-(

WHAT! Oh No Les! Please let me know if he comes home, I'll be praying for his safe return!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:6d7aba1d-3933-4133-a161-7b19bd6c56d4">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amber, they actually dont have permission after the last time they effed things up.  I am so over arguing with them about how unprofessional the maintenance department is.  Thank goodness FI has agreed we need to move when our lease is up in February.

Dont they legally have to give 24 hour notice to you before they can enter? I'd be finding out and threaten their a$$ if it happens again they'll be paying your rent for the remainder!
  • Oh Les!  I hope he's just hiding safely somewhere and gets his furry butt home soon.  :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:f8ee55c7-1da0-49a1-9510-7d806e8a11ae">Re: It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuesday. Hi! : Dont they legally have to give 24 hour notice to you before they can enter? I'd be finding out and threaten their a$$ if it happens again they'll be paying your rent for the remainder!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I have requested 24 hours notice about 100 times.  They just dont care.  Their idea of "24 hours notice" is to put a letter on your door that says "At some point in the next 8 days we will be in your apartment to do XXX work."  The  last time we had an issue, they told us the main problem was a "language barrier" between the maintenance manager and the staff.  We just have to move.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Dot, I'll come interview.  :) 
  • In Response to Re:It's Tuesday. Hi!:[QUOTE]Good morning!nbsp; Long time lurker, thought I'd finally join in.nbsp; I made sloppy joes for FI last night and he complained the entire time, but he also went back for seconds...and thirds.nbsp; I guess it's better than his specialty: "Microwave cheese" which is his take on grilled cheese, except it's just bread and cheese nuked for a minute...SIIIICK.nbsp; Hope I can play!nbsp; Although I don't know if I'm snarky enough....am I?nbsp; KIDDING! ; Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

My brother, and his wife, how did he manage to find someone else who does this, both do the microwave cheese thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-tuesday-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:24a9f1af-3eca-4178-9c5e-af97373e306fPost:f5dd8fd2-3796-43ab-9636-743c07a65965">Re:It's Tuesday. Hi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:It's Tuesday. Hi!: My brother, and his wife, how did he manage to find someone else who does this, both do the microwave cheese thing.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Haha it takes a special person!  I guess it's better than some of the things guys cook!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards