Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• Speaking of unfriending... I unfriended a girl last weekend FINALLY after bitching about her status updates to H for months. I've mentioned her on here, too. Every day it's something else about her life that absolutely sucks. She started making stupid negative comments on everything I posted so I finally dumped her.

The other day she sent me a Friend Request again with a note, "Why did you DELETE me??!?? *sniff* *sniff*" That one landed in the Ignore file.
  • I'm with Squirrly. If that was TMI for you, AK, then why would you then pass it along as TMI a 2nd time? That's need to know information. We don't need to know.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:d2079086-de4a-49f6-b13e-65a7a694ff48">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : That is just plain awesome.  Is he adopted or something?  I'm not sure how you get off track?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Nope not adopted. My theory is maybe he was born really late in the day and thinking back my mom thought it was the next. She felt pretty awful about it, lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:93067be9-402e-4153-9794-713d1009f8ff">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Ok.  TMI.  I know way too much about bodily functions of people you deal with at work.  Urine tests, yeast infections, etc. Dial the gross back a bit, would 'ya? 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Haha you guys only get the highlights! No wonder I go home and drink every night. I think I need a new job.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:a1327217-b751-4e8f-bf98-ee4ef4c04328">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Easy girlfriend - don't hurt your neck while you're Z snappin! 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I ALMOST took my hoop earrings out. ALMOST.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:21605c03-7f7e-471a-b8ba-317c7f42b166">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]We celebrated my youngest brother's birthday on the wrong day for like a decade. My mom didn't notice until we found his birth certificate, saying it was actually the day before the one we thought was his birthday.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

My grandma celebrated her birthday on the wrong day until a couple of years ago, when she had problems with social security and they found the problem.
    Funniest part?
    She is a "planner" and has already bought her plot and has her tombstone up with her birthdate...the wrong one.

PS-Buying plots, tombstones and pre-planning your funeral is very common here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've got vaseline Georgia......you can borrow it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:74fbc1e8-471f-4eca-a31e-df52da0fee00">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : My grandma celebrated her birthday on the wrong day until a couple of years ago, when she had problems with social security and they found the problem. Funniest part? <strong>She is a "planner" and has already bought her plot and has her tombstone up with her birthdate</strong>...the wrong one. PS-Buying plots, tombstones and pre-planning your funeral is very common here.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Okay, I can see buying your plot and your tombstone ahead of time. But she already has it up AT the plot?
  • [QUOTE]I've got vaseline Georgia......you can borrow it. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I also need you to hold my weave and my shoes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:74fbc1e8-471f-4eca-a31e-df52da0fee00">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF :<strong> My grandma celebrated her birthday on the wrong day until a couple of years ago, when she had problems with social security and they found the problem.</strong> Funniest part? She is a "planner" and has already bought her plot and has her tombstone up with her birthdate...the wrong one. PS-Buying plots, tombstones and pre-planning your funeral is very common here.

That happened to my grandfather too. He just found out this summer that his entire life (and all of his documents, EXCEPT for his original birth certificate which he hadn't looked at) have the wrong birthday. He was born a day earlier than his mom told him.

He also found out that legally, his middle name is his first name. 70 years later...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:b934ffe6-35b4-49e1-a4c8-32450517698a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a cat that wines. Cats that shed need brushing and cats that pee outised their litter boxes need the vet. That doesn't read evil to me. I do love that her name is Joni. Random. Stacks, NO SHE DIN'T.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

You do not wany Joni wines.  Joni will walk around the house sounding like she's crying.  She's just pissy. She kinda talks to you, in a Fran Drescher(sp) kind of way.  And she pounces on you, that's the evil.

Roomies don't brush her, because she hates being brushed.  I plan on petnapping her and doing the lion cut one day.
    She only pisses on carpets.  The whole house is hardwood except for my bathroom rug. (I've been through two.)

She is Joni, the other cat is Jax.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:0e2d42fe-51a7-455e-bed3-82dc07158ce1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Okay, I can see buying your plot and your tombstone ahead of time. But she already has it up AT the plot?
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

Um, where else would you put it?  On the fireplace?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:47f755c3-f0e1-416d-9c88-cf5e1824c566">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of unfriending... I unfriended a girl last weekend FINALLY after bitching about her status updates to H for months. I've mentioned her on here, too. Every day it's something else about her life that absolutely sucks. She started making stupid negative comments on everything I posted so I finally dumped her. The other day she sent me a Friend Request again with a note, "Why did you DELETE me??!?? *sniff* *sniff*" That one landed in the Ignore file.

Ok, AK, I think your AW and TMI posts have pushed me over the edge today.

Why do we need to know about your FB unfriending drama of non-knotties?  Really.  I get posting random stuff sometimes.  But you've beem the QUEEN of random AWish stuff lately and it's getting to the point that I don't want to open posts that you start.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:eacf9d87-49b4-4972-b9e2-4475c5b4e99d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Ok, AK, I think your AW and TMI posts have pushed me over the edge today. Why do we need to know about your FB unfriending drama of non-knotties?  Really.  I get posting random stuff sometimes.  But you've beem the QUEEN of random AWish stuff lately and <strong>it's getting to the point that I don't want to open posts that you start.
    </strong>Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Then don't?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:5bf868a1-94ff-4f31-87f9-6da3896573f5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Um, where else would you put it?  On the fireplace?

This made me CQTM.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • wrkn, don't ever leave.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:5bf868a1-94ff-4f31-87f9-6da3896573f5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Um, where else would you put it?  On the fireplace?

I don't know, I guess I would store it somewhere or something. It would just seem weird to me to walk through a cemetary and see a tombstone for someone who's not dead yet, you know?
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : You do not wany Joni wines.  Joni will walk around the house sounding like she's crying.  She's just pissy. She kinda talks to you, in a Fran Drescher(sp) kind of way.  And she pounces on you, that's the evil. Roomies don't brush her, because she hates being brushed.  I plan on petnapping her and doing the lion cut one day. She only pisses on carpets.  The whole house is hardwood except for my bathroom rug. (I've been through two.) She is Joni, the other cat is Jax.

I definitely wouldn't want a cat that wHines. But wines, yeah.

Is she a Siamese? They whine. That's their nature. Otherwise, some cats are just vocal.

All cats shed (with the exception of hairless cats). Again, their nature. 

Pouncing = playing.

If she doesn't use her box, it must be dirty, or she has a medical problem. Cats are basically born knowing how to use a litter box.

I take it she's your roommate's. I see this as an evil roommate problem, not an evil cat problem.

I'm a crazy cat lady. You'll never win this argument with me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:a9b9b176-f8c2-4f84-8f4a-cc5af3ad82d0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I definitely wouldn't want a cat that wHines. But wines, yeah. Is she a Siamese? They whine. That's their nature. Otherwise, some cats are just vocal. All cats shed (with the exception of hairless cats). Again, their nature.  Pouncing = playing. If she doesn't use her box, it must be dirty, or she has a medical problem. Cats are basically born knowing how to use a litter box. I take it she's your roommate's. I see this as an evil roommate problem, not an evil cat problem. I'm a crazy cat lady. You'll never win this argument with me.
    dogs are better.
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't know, I guess I would store it somewhere or something. It would just seem weird to me to walk through a cemetary and see a tombstone for someone who's not dead yet, you know?

I think it's very common, especially with a couple's tombstone, to put both on there; the survivor's birth date goes on there and then is inscribed with the other date when necessary.

I don't really think it's that weird. If you've bought a plot, you might as well pick out your own grave marker.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:bc73a5f1-4cd9-47aa-8d0a-5edc3d4393a3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's very common, especially with a couple's tombstone, to put both on there; the survivor's birth date goes on there and then is inscribed with the other date when necessary. I don't really think it's that weird. If you've bought a plot, you might as well pick out your own grave marker.

I guess it's something I've never really thought too much about, so it seemed strange to me.
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : dogs are better.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

You're dead to me. I SAID GOOD DAY.
  • I like cats and all, but I'm a little off them right now what with my one friend's cat throwing up multiple times a day and I'm going in to take care of them this week.  She told me he does that (anxiety or something?) but it doesn't make it any more fun to clean up.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • [QUOTE]I like cats and all, but I'm a little off them right now what with my one friend's cat throwing up multiple times a day and I'm going in to take care of them this week.  She told me he does that (anxiety or something?) but it doesn't make it any more fun to clean up.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Like separation anxiety? Poor thing. There's gotta be a pill for that.

I like dogs too, just FYI. Otherwise Bob Barker would live outside. At someone else's house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:b934ffe6-35b4-49e1-a4c8-32450517698a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a cat that wines. <strong>Cats that shed need brushing and cats that pee outised their litter boxes need the vet.</strong> That doesn't read evil to me. I do love that her name is Joni. Random. Stacks, NO SHE DIN'T.

Mine needs a psychologist.  She pulls her hair out, it doesn't fall out.  And I did take her to the vet and every night I go home hoping she used the litter box again.  She's fully trained.

She's just old and insane.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Old kitties make me sad. Old people also make me sad. Especially the insane ones.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51ad6ca-5fa2-4e2f-901c-932c70ea830dPost:4827538b-bf68-4f7a-b8f2-5516a4f55922">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Exponentially times infinity.

Until you go outside to work in the yard and they eat a loaf of bread and a tub of margarine.  Then vomit on the carpet.

That isn't so wonderful.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • If memory serves me correctly, my dad's parents had the grave marker in place before my grandma died.

Back to the MISSCOURTNEY knotting while she's at work debate, I'm currently not working so it's not affecting my productiveness on the job.  When I worked for the school district a lot of sites I would choose to browse during work breaks were blocked so even if I wanted to browse I couldn't.  At my last job I browsed periodically during my work day while in between projects, etc., but never when I had major responsibilities on my desk.

• [QUOTE]We have a new roomie moving in this weekend.  She has a dog, it's a little fat beagle mix.  Not my favorite breed, but it makes Joni hide, therefore I like her.  I think we shall hang out. PS- Joni pisses on my rug to piss me off.  I promise you, she is evil.  I would love to ship her to you to prove it.  She's not Himalayan.  But she is a poof kitty.  I call her Mean Poof Kitty and berate her in an affectionate voice.

My old roommate had a poof kitty that peed everywhere. She wasn't right in the head.
  • Happy Birthday, MP!  Hope you have a great day (and that your parents take their heads out of their ass$s and call you)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards