Luxury Weddings

Tuxedos

Trying to decide if fiance should rent or purchase a tuxedo. Any reccomendations as to where to rent/buy in the NYC or Philadelphia area? Also need a tuxedo website guide. They are all starting to look the same to me.

Re: Tuxedos

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_tuxedos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:0dbcb399-e13e-4d94-bfb4-2a2af9871db1Post:4e63c49b-9989-444d-8678-16de15666891">Tuxedos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trying to decide if fiance should rent or purchase a tuxedo. Any reccomendations as to where to rent/buy in the NYC or Philadelphia area? Also need a tuxedo website guide. They are all starting to look the same to me.
    Posted by alyssabugg[/QUOTE]

I recommend posting this on the local Philly or NYC boards. I think you'll get much better responses from there.

• My FI is purchasing his.  I thought it was a little silly because we certainly dont have the kind of lifestyle where he needs to own a tux, but he pointed out the obvious which is that I'll never wear my dress again either.  and if he needs a tux for even one or two additional weddings (most of his friends aren't married yet), it'll pay for itself, so I was fine with it.  That said, he still doesn't want to spend a ton, and has just been poking around on macys.com....they have one day sales w/ good prices pretty frequently.  
  • My FI is looking to buy a tux from Brooks Brothers. He absolutely loves that store and their suits and tuxes.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • http://www.blacktieguide.com/
    Amazing resource for men's formal wear.
  • I wanted FI to buy a tux, but it was important to him that he and his groomsmen match, so they all rented from the same place. 

I felt the guides looked pretty similar as well, but the formal wear shop we rented from was pretty helpful - though keep in mind they might forsake etiquette in order to make a sale. 
  • My DH bought from Saks, but we attend 2-5 black tie events a year. He was worried about matching, but really, tuxes are black suits. They all match by default and you could never tell in the pictures. We let people wear them if they owned them or rent if they did not.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FI can never settle on one tux he likes for various events we attend. He's kinda feminine in his picking of outfits for some of the fancier things we go to. For that reason he hasnt' bought one yet, just rented as he hasn't found the 'perfect' one lol.
    He's renting for the wedding although has said a few times he's considering buying the style he's wearing to the wedding, so we'll wait until he's wearing it there and see lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards