Maine

Latest Wedding Nightmare

Share your weirdest wedding dream/nightmare!  Here is the one I had last night.

I had another wedding nightmare!  This time it was post-ceremony, my mother in law had been late and missed the ceremony, the bar was not set up and the bartender was MIA, the music was sucky, and when I went to find my husband (in my dream I was thinking to myself "omg, my husband!" lol) I noticed this guy taking pictures of us from inside the house (we were waaaaaay far away out on a lawn-new technique?) and then I wondered why I hadn't seen my photographers that I love.  My FI then tells me they got sick and they sent a replacment.  In my dream I dropped to my knees and cried like a baby, right in the middle of my wedding reception!   Nevermind that the reception was nothing like the real one I'm planning, and how did I not notice the photographer earlier in the day?  lol.  These dreams are seriously wacky! 
Married 9.4.11

Re: Latest Wedding Nightmare

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was Sunday night...slight nightmare and slightly hilarious!

My ceremony was taking place in the living room of the house my aunt and uncle used to live in, but they had renovated so that all 100 people could fit.  5 minutes before the ceremony started, my mom and gram were upstairs still sleeping and not dressed/ready.  When I finally got them up, they just came down in their PJs, and that's how my mom walked me down the aisle.

During the ceremony, we decided to save time and have people sitting at tables and dinner was served.  My officient (my boss - in real life and in my dream) was sitting at a table at the front and performed the ceremony from there in between bites. 

The ceremony went on for a good two hours.  My boss felt the need to talk about my performance at work as part of the ceremony, and then started talking about a time FI did something nice for his pre-schoolers and made him show everyone the dance that FI had made up to make them laugh.  People were falling asleep at their tables, my DJ was getting ready to pack up...it was horrible.  Funny, but horrible!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    hcorrigan - that is hysterical!  lol. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man ladies! Too funny!

My best dream was that a few days before the wedding I opened the garment bag that was supposed to be holding my wedding dress. Instead of my dress, there was a silk shantung suit (totally something my mother would pick out and wear) inside in pastel blue and silver. I remember thinking in my dream that this was not what I ordered and I was just going to have to go out and find something off the rack at a store. I was very calm about the whole thing, which was surprising. I also kept thinking (in the dream) that my mom was the reason behind why I had a suit instead of my dress. It was very funny when I woke up, but in the dream I was pretty calm, but annoyed. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    Last night I had a nightmare that NO ONE, other than my immediate family came to the wedding... lol!  I can't wait for this wedding to get here already, so I can get some sleep at night!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually my dreams/nightmares are about vendors not showing up.  DJ, photographer, coordinator at reception goes on vacation...stuff like that.  I really hope they don't get worse over these last few months.

I told my boss about my dream.  The assistant principal and the two secretaries were there too.  I had everyone laughing hysterically!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards