Michigan-Detroit

Bachelorette party in Ann Arbor

Hello ladies! I am a bridesmaid in my friend's upcoming wedding, and the other BMs and I are currently working on planning out the bachelorette party. The bride is from a small town with nothing to do, and a couple bridesmaids live in Ann Arbor, so we decided to have it there. Soooooo even though I've lived in A2 for almost 5 years, most of that time was as a student, so I'm used to student night life and don't really know what else there is. I think we'd like to do something a bit classier than Charlie's and the Blue Lep :)

We were thinking of wine tasting at Vinology, and dinner at the Heidleberg, but beyond that I'm kind of lost. Has anyone hit the town for a bachelorette night in A2? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks a bunch!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
image 167 Made the list
image 115 Accept
image 46 Decline
image 6 Not ready to decide
RSVP deadline: June 8

Re: Bachelorette party in Ann Arbor

• lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some places around main street that are fun are Bab's (martini lounge), Rush Street (club), Live at PJ's (club), which is right on top of Goodnite Gracie's (matrini bar/jazz lounge), and Circus Bar (billiards, karaoke on some nights). 

P.S. I would suggest wine tasting and dinner at vinology. Heidelberg maybe for hookah (if they can still do that).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    For drinking I would say, 1). Melange (Main St.) there's a super cute lounge area with some comfy couches and stuff. 2). Babs Underground Lounge (Ashley - between Liberty and Washington I think) it's kind of hipster-esque but A LOT of fun. 3). Necto Nightclub (Liberty between State & Division) is a danceclub with different themed nights(Bar Louie is also right across the street from Necto, with some good bar food and is also very accomodating for large reservations, like for dinner). 4). LIVE is also a nice danceclub as well. If I remember correctly, they have quite a few good drink specials on the weekends.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions, I was a restaurant manager in A2 for almost 3 years, so I've been to most of the bars around town :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For my MOH's bachelorette party, we went to Melange and Ricks.

Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
       Thanks ladies! I've always heard about Melange but have never been there. We'll probably add that too our list. And maybe Bar Louie too! I'll check out Gracie's and Bab's as well.

And Heidelberg was the bride's request. She loves German food, and that's one of her favorite restaurants! They have a nice sit-down dinner area separte from the bar. We were also considering Metzgers for dinner too.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards