Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Amanda Marks Photography - DO NOT HIRE

13»

Re: Amanda Marks Photography - DO NOT HIRE

• Options
    Katylady,

In the event that Amanda's case is thrown out because it's not a civil matter? What's the next plan of action for all of us Brides that will be gathering together at the arraignment. Very curious to know how we can influence the DA if he/she does decide to throw her case out the door.
  • Options
    And, one other thing...outside of suing her. We should probably ALL press charges against her. I'm sure if she keeps going to jail, then she will eventually cave in. She may not be able to financially produce all of our albums, but I'm just really pissed at how irresponsible she's being as if she doesn't have a care in the world. Just going on about her life, stripping @ Visions and have ran off with all of our money.
  • Options
    I'm so happy to see the she's finally getting the bad publicity she deserves!
  • Options
    Since she has been working at visions I've had a couple guy friends go over there and check it out.She goes by the name belladonna. She even stole a cell phone from one of the guys that went out there. She's moving up in the world not only does she work there but she is dating one of the employees that work there as well. She drives a gold Lexus now. She has been stealing from brides for at least 3 yrs this didn't just happen or to just one bride it has been many brides. So it seems she's had a problem for a while. I hope justice is served
  • Options
    nolaave, unless you are a bride you and missigotcha need to stay off the boards.  Sounds like you are friends with Stacy.  Well, my friend lost $600 to Amanda and im glad I didnt fall for her bull.  If what I heard from my photography, she said Stacy knew Amanda's past and got her in the business anyway knowing she had no photography background or business skills.  And not we see she was NOT a honest person.  I knew someone else who had their wedding messed up pretty bad because of Stacy and Amanda's drama.  It seems every wedding photographer in new orleans knew of this long ago..
  • Options
    WWL did a story on her regarding how horrible she is and how many people got screwed over.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Newlywed-couples-say-they-got-raw-deal-on-expensive-wedding-photo-packages-139490378.html

She received an F from the Better Business Bureau.

http://www.bbb.org/NOLA/business-reviews/photographers-portrait/amanda-marks-photography-in-metairie-la-90003733/

IMO,  everyone should use Julia Bailey and her husband Max.  They are top notch. They did our engagement photos, wedding photos, and maternity photos. On my wedding day, when my makeup artist didn't show, Julia really calmed me down and even had me laughing. They do amazing work.
  • Options
    LisaandMatt.... Nolaave is a local photographer and is going out of her way to help the brides that Amanda Marks screwed over. She has every right to be on this board. Please don't come here telling someone not to be here when you yourself are not a bride or a mother of the bride or groom of Amanda Marks. I understand you have friends in this situation, but you yourself are not directly involved like the rest of us. Jstanton, thank you for the information. Links were already posted above about the story and her rating with the BBB was also discussed on previous pages. I've seen Julia's work and she really does an amazing job! Sorry to hear your make-up artist didn't show! What a nightmare that must've been! Most of us are dealing with our own wedding nightmares now, thanks to Amanda Marks!!! On another note, I was planning on attending her arraignment this morning for the criminal charges that were filed against her, but morning sickness got the best of me. If any other brides attended, could you please post what happened? I so badly hope the charges weren't thrown out!!
  • Options
    I received an email from Jessica, the lawyer Katylady told us about. She attended the arraignment and will be sending out another email later with information about today's arraignment. I implore you all to email her and give her your information so she can pass it on to the ADA who will be investigating Amanda.
  • Options
    JDCook,
      Can you or another bride that went or gets the info please update us as to what the email from Jessica says or what happened. If I were not in living in Houston I DEFINITELY would have  been there myself! I am sending my info to Jessica now. Just don't want ANYONE  AFFECTED to miss any information. 

I agree that all those who do not have a direct link to this problem... to please keep the mess and unnecessary comments off of this board. This place was created to find solutions and for brides, grooms, and family members of brides and grooms that have been directly affected my this woman's heartless tactics. Please ONLY come forward with pertinent info that will further close the gaps on these cases... no shallow chatter please. Thx in advance.
  • Options
    Dear Amanda, We choose to confront you here because you hide from our questions and comments. You have hurt countless brides and families due to your careless selfish behavior. You have ruined the name of your husband and are currently ruining another mans life. stop pretending to be other people defending yourself, everyone sees past your camoflouge and bullshit. If anyone wants to find her she works nights at visions.
  • Options
    I received an update from Jessica (the lawyer) earlier today. She informed me that Amanda pleaded not guilty (go figure) this morning and that a Motion to Set Trial Date will be heard on 3/23/12 at 9:30 a.m. I am not sure what that means. I asked Jessica to please clarify this for me. If anyone else knows what that means, please let us know. I have also heard that she will soon be relocating to Biloxi, MS. If/when I heat anything else, I will post it here!
  • Options
    Hey guys!! I just got off the phone with the news reporter with WWL TV.  She is doing a follow up story tonight!!  Watch at 9 and 10....for an update on Amanda Marks!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! I will be watching!!! A Motion to Set Trail Date that on that date, the judge will hear the Motion to Set and will set a trial date.  It doesn’t matter whether the person who originally filed a complaint against Amanda was there or not.  Individuals cannot “file charges” or “press charges”.  The state files/presses charges through the DA.  The only reason someone who filed a criminal complaint would have their own lawyer would be if they were also pursuing a civil lawsuit.  Rest assured that the case has not been thrown out—it is already past that stage of the proceedings. This was an email I received from Jessica. Again, the brides affected by this case should email her so she can pass along your information to the ADA of Jefferson Parish.
  • Options
    Ladies,

The ADA has not gotten back in touch with us yet. Please remember that Jessica cannot "represent" any of us, myself included, in criminal matters. She is not involved in criminal law and, as mentioned earlier in jdcook's post, the State is responsible for bringing charges against Amanda.

We have not yet been reached by the ADA. If you are interested in filing a criminal complaint against Amanda, the Assistant District Attorney who is handling this matter is named Brian Villalobos. You can reach him at the main district attorney's office number. (504)368-1020

Thanks to those who showed up for the arraignment. To those who didn't, you didn't miss much anyway. I'll continue to post updates, like all of you, with any new information that comes our way. As for now, I'm just going to enjoy planning my re-commitment ceremony for March and try to forget Amanda's name for a while.   :)

Thanks again to all those helping to keep the most up to date information available in this thread.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Katylady,

I hope you have a wonderful ceremony!  You deserve it and I also hope that the pictures will recapture the mood and feeling of your big day!  :D  Enjoy!

• Options
    I am using the mediator and she is doing a wonderful job!!!
  • Options
    Is there a way to have a closed thread or even start a closed Facebook group limited only to the actual brides or mothers of brides/grooms of Amanda Marks? There are a lot of outsiders trying to push their opinions and comments on us, who don't even know the truth behind what is going on. Since Amanda 's stories aired in WWL-TV, 3 more boards have popped up, started by people not even connected. I think the brides need a place to stay up to date on this situation surrounding our lawsuits and her upcoming trail. Let me know if y'all are interested. Also, Amanda has finally resurfaced on Facebook and finally deleted me from her account. She is still using her old account, Amanda Ganard.
  • Options
    I would like to be added to the group please.  Michele Wallace, mother of bride Kimberly Wallace.  Wedding date was 10/16/2010 in Covington, LA and we have our picture disc but no albums.
  • Options
    I too would like to be added to the group. Shelley Rogers Olivier - bride, Contract date: August 2010, wedding date: January 2011. Recieved cd with proofs only but no albums. 
  • Options
    I would like to be added to the Facebook group as well. Margaret young Douglass (meg). Wedding date June 25, 2011. Thnaks
  • Options
    I have been calling and calling the ADA, Mr. Villalobos.  He passed my call onto Mr. James Thompson with the Victim Advocacy Group.  I heard from Mr. Thompson again today and he informed me to call the Jefferson Parish Detectives Bureau and speak to Det. Mark Berggren.  He is the detective that handled the original complaint.  I called earlier this afternoon and left a message.  I am hoping to hear from him soon.  I will be calling until I hear something.

I urge all of the brides to call and share your story and complain.  The number to the Bureau is 504-364-5300. 

I will keep y'all updated on anything I hear. 
  • Options
    Katy Thomassie, married Oct. 8, 2011 I'd like to be in the group please. Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I tried to, but I couldn't find it. That's why I posted on here to be added. Could someone PM me a link maybe?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Melanie Sparrow. Wedding date 10/9/10. Received CDs, but no album
  • Options
    ntalleyntalley member
    First Comment

Please let me know if anyone has any updates on Amanda. I got married on Sept. 10, 2011 and I received all of my pictures on the disc. However I'm still needing the bigger picture and the two albums. The last time my husband and I have heard from her was back in October saying we need to pick out 50 pictures for the album.
  • Options
    Contact Stacy Marks.  He will give you the wedding album, but you will have to come out of pocket for the mother's album.  Contact Primary Colors in Kenner and they can do your mother's album for $65, which is a deal.  Not sure about the big picture.  Stacy can be found via his website or facebook.  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards