Snarky Brides

Only one more day til Friday!

Good Morning!

I managed to sucessfully make meatballs- not so much on the cleaning/laundry. I did give the pups a bath, they like rolling around in the dirt!

How is everyone?

Re: Only one more day til Friday!

• Good morning knotters! 

Its cloudy, rainy and miserable here, which makes me oh-so sleepy.  I have 3 houses to clean today and thank Jesus FI is now off today to help me out. 

Edie - OUCH!  My sister's cat did that to me once.  It climbed up my leg though.  I love cats, but I seriously contemplated throwing that fuuucker onto the highway, to get his.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:6d88ddce-0197-427d-a812-f7299946323c">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to bed much later then usual but luckily I think I'll be okay. I also got the laundry put away. How did the meatballs come out?  Do your pups like taking baths?  My cat despises it.  We only did it when we first got her and she was covered in fleas. She protested by climbing all over my torso with her super sharp claws.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

They came out really good, I cook them in the sauce, I don't precook them so It flavors the sauce really well :) I normally cook them for 8 hours, i speed cooked it last night.

The Jack Russell doesn't mind, she usually showers with me. The Greyhound mix however is a terror- greyhounds naturally hate water, my FI can't give him a bath only me he goes Cray Cray with FI, and I can't wet his head until the end if I want to get him clean. and I always make sure not to get his ears.  It's odd since we've bathed him since we got him at 8 weeks.

What kind of pasta did you make last night?
  • I have to bathe Whisky during flea season. He's surprisingly easy for a cat. he just sits there and howls pathetically.

Les - happy birthday! Any big plans?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:56cbbc0e-57f9-49de-bdf8-b2660100fdb8">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to bathe Whisky during flea season. He's surprisingly easy for a cat. <strong>he just sits there and howls pathetically. </strong>Les - happy birthday! Any big plans?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Haha this is my cat too. She always poops too.  Its so freaking gross!  The first time she did it FI was in the shower gagging and I was outside she shower hystirically laughing, which just made matters worse btw.  Now we know her tricks, so were prepared. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:254d5fbf-7ac8-4c36-b0cf-f3d9509ba4fa">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday Les! (where is she?)
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking that- where is she?

Happy birthday!

We forgot to lay out dinner- frozen chicken tenders it is! lol
  • Good Morning!

Guess what I woke up to this morning!

BAM.  It's winter.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:15cc36ff-7a9d-4f5e-8842-d5d9b8858363">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! Guess what I woke up to this morning! BAM.  It's winter.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I am not jealous at all, so far a high of 75 and no rain for my wedding next saturday!!!
  • You can keep that snow, anna. I'll keep my 80-degree days.

The only time Whisky pooped on us was after a surgery. He was excused on that one, he couldn't help it.
  • We're hovering around freezing this morning, but it's bright and sunny. I can handle that. I know that the snow is coming, and there'll be lots, so I'm mentally preparing.

Supper last night WAS the bbq chicken breasts with grilled broccoli and rice. Tonight? Not so sure. Have to pick up a few things at the store, so I figure I'll pick up something to prepare when I'm out, but I'm thinking steak.

Yup, I'm a carnivore...

Getting ready to ask my MOH and BMs soon too - time to do some planning, and I should hear about the job tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:65ca81c6-fe12-40f6-8525-011f9b380ff8">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hungry and meatballs sound delicious. I've never heard of a cat purposely pooping on someone while bathing.  Hm.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I have some for lunch, we can have a lunch date, i'll share. You're just a skip, hop, and a jump away! :)
  • Yeah she is a strange one. I think she is so stressed, it just comes out?? I mean, I don't think she intentionally does it. But then again cats are asssssholes like that, so maybe it is intentional. Like "fuuuuck you I HATE baths."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I don't understand why people ask you to do something and then tell you they don't like how you do it, and redo it. Why even ask in the first place, why not do it yourself....

ok thats my work fustration so far :)
  • You can keep that crap Anna, it's supposed to be high 80's here today!

I have to get some stuff done around the house, we have the contractor coming tomorrow and I hate when my H home offices, he trashes the house. And he and the dog bring in leaves all day, does he bother to pick them up? :/

Anywho, had yoga last night, then she worked on my head to alleve my headache some. It worked wonders.

Happy Birthday Les!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:3bc38329-441f-4cf1-b986-16bbaff9b179">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be closer come November 28 :-)  Key West!  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

WooHoo!!! I love key west, the snorkling there is good too :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:d94e8284-e3dd-4a38-947e-301f718d5deb">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only one more day til Friday! : They came out really good, I <strong>cook them in the sauce, I don't precook them so It flavors the sauce really well</strong> :) I normally cook them for 8 hours, i speed cooked it last night. The Jack Russell doesn't mind, she usually showers with me. The Greyhound mix however is a terror- greyhounds naturally hate water, my FI can't give him a bath only me he goes Cray Cray with FI, and I can't wet his head until the end if I want to get him clean. and I always make sure not to get his ears.  It's odd since we've bathed him since we got him at 8 weeks. What kind of pasta did you make last night?
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

Recipe?  Sounds amazing!

I'm going for a short run after work, making waffles for dinner and then going out with my friend for frozen yogurt!  So excited.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • brittany634brittany634 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:b6894bd1-e67f-4a6d-9671-16ff5723796d">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hell no.  My H had a helluva time convincing me to get in the ocean on our HM.  I only did since the water was crystal clear and you could see the 'floor' of the ocean and everything around you.   I am perfectly content sitting at a pool. watching the ocean waves, and having shirtless cabana men bring me drinks with little umbrellas in them.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

haha- that sounds nice too! How long will you be down?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:4ed324fd-1304-4f32-9f47-a3349cd54c24">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only one more day til Friday! : Recipe?  Sounds amazing! I'm going for a short run after work, making waffles for dinner and then going out with my friend for frozen yogurt!  So excited.
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

It's super simple, I honestly don't measure anything- just go off taste, I use 1 egg, parmesean cheese, and italian bread crumbs to make the meatballs, I put them in the bottom of the large sauce pan,make sure to spray or coat with alittle olive oil.
     and then for the sauce I use 2 cans whole tomatoes, 2-3 Large cans of tomato sauce(depends how much I want to make) 1 can tomato paste, 1 can diced tomatoes, to season I add Oregano, Basil, Italian Seasoning, Fresh Garlic, and some garlic salt. I always mix this in a seperate bowl because you can't mix the meatballs in the beginning. Then poor the sauce over the meatballs. Put on low, in about an hour and a half stir lightly, the meatballs won't be cooked yet, and really just stir everyonce in awhile, and taste to see what you need to add :)

wala you have amazing spagehtti and meatballs!

it'd prob work in the crockpot on low too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:3bc38329-441f-4cf1-b986-16bbaff9b179">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be closer come November 28 :-)  Key West!  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Key West is one of my favorite places!  MIL wants to charter a boat one Christmas down in Key West.  Apparently, it is not as expensive as it sounds.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Morning all!  As many of you know from FB, my puppy doesn't need surgery!  At least not until our new (and now permanent) vet is absolutely certain she needs it!  So yay!</div><div>
    </div><div>If I can just get through this day, I will be doing very well.  My ILs are coming into town tonight and then tomorrow morning H and I are off to Orlando. I can't wait!</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey Shay great news!

JCB- What's the news on your pup?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay Shay! Good news all around for you. I love Orlando. I need to go back again, and would also love to see Key West. So many places to see, so little money! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm here!

My work BFF made pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin cream pie, so I've been hanging out in the kitchen.

Thanks for the BDay wishes!!

I cannot imagine bathing Cheddar.  Fortunately we don't have fleas here, or a reason to put him in the bath.  We don't even bathe our Lab, since she gets lots of swimming in the reservoir.

It's 28*, and this is our forecast for the next day or so.  I need to bring in some dry firewood when I get home.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_only-one-more-day-til-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:35ea0766-29bd-4453-ab40-5bb2e9bdc893Post:c2196bef-84b1-4804-8c52-bc9f204207ea">Re: Only one more day til Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les, you may or may not want to check your front door when you get home. Jusy sayin',
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

This makes me very happy  8-)
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    JCB: Key West sounds great. My sister and her H just went to Key West for his 40th birthday a few weeks ago!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards