California-Bay Area

Checking In!

Hey Everyone,
    I know it's been a while since I've been here but I wanted to check and see how everyone's wedding planning is going?!

Reese-I stalked your website, your wedding looks amazing!! I love the idea of the double decker bus.

Re: Checking In!

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaz!  How are you?  How's married life?
  • edited December 2011

Things have been good! I'm loving married life (even though I kinda stalled on changing my name until Jan)
    We had a really tough March, but it really showed me how great my husband is and how awesome married life can be!
    How is married life for you?! How is everything?!

• mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Married life is great.  We're getting ready to move to Florida, which will be an interesting next step.  

(I totally hear you on the name change thing.  I'm still getting used to it and finding new things that still have my maiden name on them.)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in 10 days!  Ahhhh!  I've already started checking the 10-day weather forecast for San Francisco, hoping we're going to get one of those really rare warm and sunny weeks.  I don't want to freeze in the fog.
  • edited December 2011
    Mica- Where in Florida? For work? 
              The name change has been crazy! It's almost as time intensive as planning the wedding! :)

GJones-You're almost a week away!! Exciting!! What's on your list for next week?
                 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but it looks like the weather will be awesome!! You may not need my good mojo!
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Here's to good weather, GJones! I hope it's a beautiful day for you.
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    GJones -- the weather's looking good right now in Palo Alto, I'll cross my fingers that you get good weather for your wedding!

Kaz -- Tampa.  It's for work.  The exciting thing is that we can afford a house with a fenced yard when we move.
    Pretty much everything has been transferred over other than my name on my car (will handle that this weekend) and my passport (mine is 3 years old, so I didn't feel like paying to change the name).  It's been hours and hours of time.  Honestly, there are times where I wish I'd just kept my maiden name.  Grr...
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls!  I don't have much left to do.  Just call vendors once more, do hair and makeup trial, and change the headcount for my reception.  Hard to believe it's just next weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Mica- Yay Tampa! Yay to a home with a fenced in yard!! It makes me sad to think how much Sam and I have saved up just to buy a CONDO!!! My friend in Denver just bought a home for half the cost.
    When do you move?
    Yeah, the name change is ridiculous. I just made an appointment at the spa and realized I need to change my name there too (much easier though) ugh....I need a prize at the end of all of this. 

GJones-Things are looking good this weekend! Good job for being prepared and keeping it easy this week. Where are you getting married at?
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Kaz -- we move at the end of June, just in time for the worst weather in Tampa.  Sigh.  I should probably buy new wiper blades before we move.
    I think that your prize at the end of the name change mess is that you won't have to think about it again, and you'll quickly develop amnesia to how much of a pain it was.
  • edited December 2011
    kaz!
    thank you so much!  i had fun putting it all together.  ugh...but i have to be honest...i'm getting a little burnt out on the wedding planning.  (i guess one of the con's of a long engagement....september cant get here fast enough!)  did you feel that way toward the end?  its exhausting!

glad to hear you're doing well !!  totally not looking forward to the whole name changing process.  yuck!

mica - oof...summers are totally BRUTAL in FL....but yay for warm weather all year long.  i've always wanted to move to ft. lauderdale.  (my cousin/MOH lives there)  FI wont move there tho.  =(  maybe one day when we retire!
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm already feeling nostalgic about leaving the Bay Area!  I love it here so much.  :(

Reese -- I was feeling burned out, and we were only engaged for 9 months!  There's just a lot to do, and towards the end, it's all little bitty stuff that feels so unimportant.  Just remind yourself that in a few months, you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labor (and married!).
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Reese, how long is your engagement? I'm eight months in and have basically stopped planning. And I still need a florist. Oops.

Why yes, I do have a short attention span!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_checking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:8bd00256-7a8c-4d63-b90f-c14476e0f39aPost:bbab74cb-592f-4237-8f7d-56f99d7da934">Re: Checking In!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reese, how long is your engagement? I'm eight months in and have basically stopped planning. And I still need a florist. Oops. Why yes, I do have a short attention span!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

it has been 14 months so far.  OVER.IT.
  • edited December 2011
    Reese- I feel your pain. My engagement was so long I thought the wedding would never come. This was the worst part too, so close and yet so far away. But I promise you, it's worth the wait. When are you doing your bridal shower and bachelorette party? That's when things started going into overdrive for me.

Mica- I can't believe you're leaving so soon! But at least you'll have a beach where you can actually swim in the water. There will be new places for you to discover and fun delicious restaurants to try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards