Alabama

Founders Hall in Athens

I am getting married at Fouders Hall at Athens State in June and was wondering if anyone had any advice for the ceremony. Any at all would be nice.

Re: Founders Hall in Athens

• edited December 2011
    I like that little duck park by Athens State. My mom uses it for the limeston county bridging ceremonys all the time. I think that would be a beautiful place to get married and you could walk across the bridge!!
  • laadams01laadams01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate that I just now saw your thread.  I'm getting married on Founders Hall, May 22.  I'm having the reception there also.  Probably having it in the courtyard (behind Founders Hall).  We plan on the WP standing on the steps and we (Me and FI) will be on the top step.  There will be one center aisle.  I am lining the aisle with pomanders.  I have heard that a runner can get stuck in the ground from the ladies high heels.  The main problem that I'm having with Founders is How I'm going to be presented.  I have heard of brides being driven up in cars or horse and buggy (not my style).  The only thing that I would feel comfortable with doing would be riding up in a cool car.  Give me your thoughts and suggestions.  I'm happy to finally see someone on this board that is getting married at ASU.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Diamond_DollDiamond_Doll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only been to one wedding at Founder's Hall, but they had the ceremony on the steps. I think that's the most common location. The enterance to the building serves as a really nice backdrop.
  • edited December 2011
    I too am getting married at Founders. We are getting married on the steps with the building as a backdrop.  Since we are having an evening wedding, I plan on low lights in the ballroom with many clear strand lights. It's such a big room I just hope we get the desired outcome.  For seating well set up tables around the perimeter of the room and leave the center for a dance floor. If anyone else has seen the room and has thought, I'm all ears myself :)
  • aspencer6608aspencer6608 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you go about renting founders hall for your wedding? Thank you.
  • Can anybody give me a price on founders hall wedding? Getting married on a Friday an looking to see of its feasible financially for us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards