Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Nail salons

The last time I got my nails done I got the gel manicure but a couple of days later it was already starting to chip. We'll be going to Vegas on Sunday and the wedding is Thursday. Should I get my nails done before we get to Vegas and see what happens or wait until we get there? If I wait until we get there, does anyone know of a good place to go? I'm getting my hair and makeup done at COLOR in Caesars Palace because it comes with our package but their prices are ridiculous! I refuse to pay 100 for a manicure! What should I do?
image 100Made the cut!
image 63 Are ready to party in Vegas!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 7 me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nail salons

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing only my MuA is glamsquad. I really hate long nails but I know they'll look best on my fingers so I think I might just get them done the day before we go to Vegas. But we're driving down on a Thursday and our wedding is on a Saturday so it's a couple days less than what you have until the day.

I personally wouldn't pay $100 for a manicure but that's me, and I don't get my nails done professionally very often. I'm sure some previous brides can help you out though!
  • Options
    jmp2004jmp2004 member
    First Comment
    I'm flying in on Monday with the wedding on Thursday, so I'm planning on getting mine done before I go and just hope I don't break one before the wedding.
  • Options
    I would try to get it done before leaving.  Unfortunately I was in Vegas for almost a week prior to the wedding so I had to get them done there.  We didn't want to leave/drive off the strip so we ended up going to the salon in NYNY.... Super spendy.  And really not that great.  If you break one I'm sure you could make an appointment just about anywhere to get it fixed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are leaving on a Sunday and the wedding is on a Tuesday. I was thinking having mine done after work on Saturday. I won't do artificial nails.  But a  nice file, clean up the cuticles, and a light polish should be good. 

Well, except I have a black fingernail now- my left ring finger, no less- from smashing it.  It is growing out, and I am hoping it will be gone before the wedding.  I think it will, but I will have to go more opaque on the polish if it is not grown out by then.

Otherwise there will be some major airbrushing in pictures featuring my rings.
  • Options
    Chele06Chele06 member
    First Comment
    Thanks ladies. I may just have to get them done before we leave and just hope for the best. Paying more than $100+ for my nails is just insane, especially since I don't get nails put on.
    image 100Made the cut!
    image 63 Are ready to party in Vegas!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 7 me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had shellac (gel) nails done Tuesday before our Saturday wedding at home.  I never get manicures, but this was awesome.  It cost about $40 at my little local spa and I had a light pink done (no french tips).  It lasted the ENTIRE week we were in Vegas - lots of swimming, baths, etc.  My only issue is that they grew out after the wedding quickly and I had to get them removed the day I got back.  (Although because they were light colored, I was the only one who noticed.)  I think they'd last longer (they're supposed to last 2 weeks) if I wasn't in the pool for 6 hours a day ;)

I highly recommend gel nails and would do them again in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012

I got gel nails as well and I usually wear them from time to time.  I got them done on Weds, we left for Vegas on Thurs and the wedding was on Saturday and for me, they usually last for a couple weeks.  I prefer gel nails over the acrylic ones because its a more natural look.  I get the ones with the white tips.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Shellac would probably be the best option before you leave. Ditto Cheryl's post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I"m a fan of acryllic nails and my suggestion would be to take clear polish with you.  Then every morning, after you wake put on a clear coat, let it dry and it will really help keep the polish from chipping.  We are flying to Vegas on Tuesday for a Thursday wedding and I'm planning on getting them done Monday afternoon.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards