Plus-Sized

Dress is ready to be picked up!

David's Bridal called and my dress is ready to pick up. I ordered it two weeks ago and they said it would be ready in July! Will it be in a garment bag? A box? I'm not quite sure what to expect or what to bring with me. Will they have me try it on???

Help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress is ready to be picked up!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dress-is-ready-to-be-picked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:4f9a05b7-118c-426e-9ba4-5871e1bd393cPost:493cf928-4f15-41c5-9c92-910ba6daed75">Dress is ready to be picked up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]David's Bridal called and my dress is ready to pick up. I ordered it two weeks ago and they said it would be ready in July! Will it be in a garment bag? A box? I'm not quite sure what to expect or what to bring with me. Will they have me try it on??? Help!
    Posted by southofnormal[/QUOTE]

they will probably have you try it on, and then schedule an alterations appointment for you.  It will most likely be in a garment bag. 

Congrats ! 
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    yay!!  yes, they'll likely want you to try it on.  I'm pretty sure my mom bought the garment bag when we ordered the dress (like $10 or something?), so we took it home that day in the nicer cloth bag.  I'd assume they'll give you at least a plastic/dry cleaner type bag.  If you schedule alterations right away they'll keep it.  (we took it home b/c I wanted to lose more weight before the fitting)
  • They give you a plastic dry cleaner bag . The nicer garment bag is $10, I think. Make sure you look over your dress carefully before signing that its in good condition. They will just try to get you to take the dress. I would ask to try it on first. You can bring whoever you want. I wouldn't bring too many people though. 
  • Wow Crazy Fast - i ordered my dress on 3/3 from AA and they called me on the 16th to say it was ready - I asked them to wait until June since that was the original time frame and i did not budget paying for the rest of the dress yet :) I was actually a bit annoyed it was so fast, after they insisted I order in the beginning of March for my October wedding- I am excited to see it tho...
    It is so exciting :) have fun at the first try on !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Eegads. DB nickles & dimes you to death.  Every other salon I have ever seen gives you your dress in a woven garment bag.     I also agree about inspecting the dress carefully.   We ordered our BM dresses from DB.  We went to pick one of them up a week or so ago, and the threading was coming off in a whole bunch of places and there was no hook for the hook/eye at the top of the zipper.   There were also a handful of snags in the satin.  I had my BM try on the dress and after I saw all of those when it was on her, I told DB to order another dress and that we weren't accepting that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards