Massachusetts-Cape Cod

In need of a DJ - good recs please!!

We are doing a DW, having a clambake upon our return for our friends.  We aren't doing any formal dances or introductions, cake cutting etc...  We just want someone good to provide a great atmosphere for our guests without tapping into anything cheesy ymca etc...  Have been talking with one company but am reluctant as he keeps trying to upsell me though I have stated numerous times what I am looking for!  thoughts?  thanks!!

Believes, Hopes, Endures
Love Never Fails...
May 26, 2012
Grand Cayman Island

Re: In need of a DJ - good recs please!!

• edited December 2011
    Steve Binder was great at our wedding - and yes, we stipulated no group dancing songs and he honored that. In fact, he was skeptical that our list of dance songs would actually get people dancing but started playing them anyway - and no one danced until we gave him the go-ahead to play what he thought would get things going - he kept the dance floor packed the whole time. in a way, he saved our wedding. you can't go wrong with him.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't say enough good things about Keith Lamiere. My daughter used him for her wedding. He followed thru on all her requests and the dance floor was packed all nite, both young and old! He did a great job.
  • edited December 2011
    I was married on June 4th and would highly suggest someone other than Steve Binder..... I posted details in my vendor reviews. He really missed the mark.... bad sound quality (STATIC), wrong songs, last minute details missed... etc. He is cheap but go elsewhere!
  • edited December 2011

I just booked DJ Ken Drew for my wedding next year!  He is AMAZING... So helpful, and will go out of his way to make sure he does exactly what you ask for.  His prices are extremely reasonable compared to some others I've seen. He's been in the business for a long time so he has some really great tips, and suggestions. He was also the Knot Pick for 2010.  Good Luck!

• shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2way Entertainment! We used Mark for our 6/4 wedding @ the cape codder and he was great! He was very responsive thru the planning process, had a meeting with him about 2 mons out to go over everything and he sent us a CD of all our special songs to make sure he had the right versions of everything.  On the day of he was great! Everyone danced all night, it was perfect!  He is affordable & has many packages to choose from.
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love Danny Walsh... he's just the best!
  • edited December 2011
    anyone heard of david santos? he's out of plymouth...

Believes, Hopes, Endures
    Love Never Fails...
    May 26, 2012
    Grand Cayman Island
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I haven't heard of him but I have to agree with Shimmer about Mark Friedman, he is always awesome! I have been to a few different events where him or one of his team members have been dj'ing and he's GREAT!  
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend DJ Danny Walsh!!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Two Way entertainment - Mark Friedman. He was great to work with and everyone had a blast!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards