October 2014 Weddings

recently engaged!!!!

Just got engaged on 12/11 am anxious to start planning and want to know where to begin or if its too early. Thinking 10/2014.

Re: recently engaged!!!!

• It's not too early to start planning. If you're set on an October 2014 date, then you have about a year and nine months to plan. That's quite a lot of time, so take your time with the planning and enjoy it! You can definitely get some ideas on venue and even put down a deposit if you're sure you won't change your mind. Some venues fill up fast, so it's recommended that you start early. Wait awhile to get your dress and other things. You can formulate some ideas for your wedding, but some things you should wait on since some factors could change in a year and nine months.

Congrats on your engagement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank u very much for your input :
  • I got engaged in september and I already have my venue and dj booked.  I figured it cant hurt to start early, that way I get the vendors that I want :) plus theres lots of time to plan the little details and you arent rushing around at the last minute finishing things!

• Congratulations! I am newly engaged too :) Yay for engagements!

It definitely doesn't hurt to start early, but some things like the dress and cake can wait for a while. Looking at reception and ceremony venues will not hurt, maybe even putting down a deposit if you are positive. I have been researching like a mad woman for the past week but no decision on official date or anything since my fiance is away in California until next Saturday :( ahhhh impatience!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards