Favors

Need ideas for the Welcome gift bags

I'm trying to come up with ideas for the Welcome Gift Bags to be given out at the hotel.  I know some snacks and water, but what else? I'd like to keep it small as there will be 30 or so bags, but i'd also like it to be of some significance.  Any thoughts?

Re: Need ideas for the Welcome gift bags

• apaadzzzzapaadzzzz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married? is there anything specific to that area you could stick in there? i.e. where we are getting married, they are known for their fudge, so i was oing to put pieces of fudge in ours.  Also to be relevant, we'd need to know more about your theme, there may be small things that you could stick in that go with the overall theme of your wedding.  You could also do a "favorite" of you and your FI's. A favorite wine? dessert? snack?
  • anreynoldsanreynolds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married at the Jewel Box in St. Louis, which is basically like a fancy greenhouse.  A bunch of the wedding guest are going to the Illini/Mizzou game with us the day after and then the Cardinals game the day after that, so I thought about doing something related to those, but i'm still blank. 

i'm not sure i have a real theme....sorry that doesn't help you help you help  me much :(
  • apaadzzzzapaadzzzz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could make the snacks all Baseball related, Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. Haha sorry if that's tacky! its all I could come up with!
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is what we put in ours and it wasn't very expensive at all to fill::

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try to find something unique to St. Louis. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the city.  My FI and I are getting married in Philadelphia and Ben Franklin has become part of the wedding. 

The OOT bags are going to contain the usual goodies plus a bottle of beer for each person and a bottle opener with Ben's quote about beer tied to it.  There's going to be a bookmark with a quote of his about learning.  A penny with his quote and instructions to leave it on his grave.  The wedding programs will have a Ben quote about marriage on the back.  The guest book will have a note above it with a quote about wisdom and a request for our guests to leave their best advice on the pages with the (ballpoint) quill pen.  (also, everything is deep red cardstock with "parchment paper" from Staples on top).

The STD's were titled Declaration of Independence....on second thought.  The invites were the preamble of the Constitution about forming a more perfect union....what a good idea.

It took a while to get to this.  We started with an America theme then 1776 and then finally we decided to rely on Ben.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do like the baseball theme idea of apaadzzzz.  You're on the river, have you thought about paddleboat related items?  You could even do something with Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher.

You might wnat to try a tourist store downtown.  You may not want to buy anything there but it may spark an idea.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the sticky at the top of the page. 

You really don't need to go overboard with a ton of snacks and activities and such.  The more you give, the more likely a lot of it will be thrown away :(
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Add maps and local attraction booklets are helpful as well as directions to the wedding and reception from where they're at if not familiar with the area.  Even a list of things to do and see or local restaurants are helpful. 
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! My Planning Bio "http://lisa-rj.weebly.com"
  • edited December 2011
    Perhaps a disposable camera as well....
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_need-ideas-welcome-gift-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:0ee6317d-5066-4f82-b601-d3a84247ea91Post:209eaf8f-50b5-4fe7-aa25-46e274b8e325">Re: Need ideas for the Welcome gift bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps a disposable camera as well....
    Posted by Emmiew[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  Those things are very dated and take horrible pictures.  most people have their cameras and IF they forgot one, they can go get a camera on their own.  If I received a camera in an OOT bag, I may feel obligated to take wedding pictures for the couple.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • jaertkerjaertker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend put personalized Us weekly magazines in her gift bags at the hotel. They were 8 page cute magazines with articles about the couple, the proposal, interviews with the Best Man and MOH, etc...quotes from family m embers, etc. Super cute and so entertaining to read!!  I can find out who she used to make them, but it was really the most unique idea.
  • jaertkerjaertker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend put personalized Us weekly magazines in her gift bags at the hotel. They were 8 page cute magazines with articles about the couple, the proposal, interviews with the Best Man and MOH, etc...quotes from family m embers, etc. Super cute and so entertaining to read!!  I can find out who she used to make them, but it was really the most unique idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards