Colorado
Options

Wedding Insurance

Hey there -

Is anyone or has anyone purchased wedding insurance?  General thoughts/ideas?  I'm debating if it's worth it or not....thanks!

Re: Wedding Insurance

• Options
    edited December 2011

Coincidently, I just asked this question on my month's board! I am thinking about getting it! I just booked my venue (The Tapestry House) and they sent me a brochure for it. I am considering it because I am forking out a lot of money for this thing and I would like to have reassurance that if something out of my control happens (tornado, vendor going out of business, death etc...) I will be covered!

I looked at WedSafe. They provide different types and amounts of coverage, and the quote that I got was pretty reasonable (not at all a bank breaker). Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    snwdngosnwdngo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seriously considered wedding insurace; Expecially when I booked my venue.  Iam doing Red Rocks in March, so you never know what can happen. But then I found out that the majority of places have a "Force Majeure" clause in case of these kinds of things. My photogropher and my DJ havethe clause as well. I feel pretty secure with these clauses and don't feel that I need to spend the extra money on insurance now.

This is what my clause from Red Rocks looks like...

Force Majeure.  Neither Caterer nor Customer shall be responsible for any losses or damages of any kind resulting from their respective non-fulfillment of any terms or conditions of this Agreement if such non-fulfillment results in whole or part from war, riot, strike, flood, or any other act or occurrence beyond its control; provided, however, that in the event of non-fulfillment by Customer, Caterer may recover its actual costs incurred in preparing for the Event(s), which amounts may be retained by Caterer from Deposits and other prepaid amounts. 

I hope this helps a little!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    acharlsonacharlson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ha ha, Soon to B Pierce - that's where I'm getting married too and where I got the same brochure!  :-)  I did the same thing and looked it up online, was pretty reasonable - tonite I'm going through it with a fine tooth comb.  Never know what "exclusions" they'll add!

Thanks snwdngo - that does help!  I'll look at the contract when I get home!

Good luck both of you and thank!

• Options
    steffybeffysteffybeffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so then what if a blizzard hits and nobody can make it to the wedding does insurance cover that too?
    image 117 Made the cut!
    image 32 Are super excited for cupcakes! image 19 Dont like cupcakes image 66 Cant decide if they even like cupcakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    snwdngosnwdngo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it does! I specifically asked about that one! Red Rocks in March is a bit of a risk!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    steffybeffysteffybeffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats really cool because i want to get married in silverthorne and my mom was telling no one is gonna come if its a blizzard.
    image 117 Made the cut!
    image 32 Are super excited for cupcakes! image 19 Dont like cupcakes image 66 Cant decide if they even like cupcakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    acharlsonacharlson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked about the blizzard thing too because we are getting married on NYE this year - it could either be 70 or blizzarding.  I love this state! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards