Wisconsin

Newbie needs cake ideas!!

Hi all! I'm about to go cake shopping, any recommendations would be really helpful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie needs cake ideas!!

• edited December 2011
    The Cake Lady in Bay View is so delicious but very expensive like $8/slice.  I went with Eat Cake! on Vliet St. in Milwaukee.  Same taste as Cake Lady, but waaaaay better price, like $3.75/slice. She's really creative too, and offered more flavors and can make cakes into any shape!  Her name is Deb.
  • AliciaD82AliciaD82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Portia! That's who I planned to try first, she made a beautiful cake for a friend of mine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Shirley in New Berlin at "creations for the moment"....her cakes are delcious, and really lovely. And SUPER reasonable. I too love the cake lady, but just a bit too expensive. Have fun! Happy tasting.
  • runnrgurlrunnrgurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Simma's has really yummy cheesecake and pastries. We're getting little mini desserts from there...
  • edited December 2011
    Elizabeth's Cakes located in Sciortino's Bakery was the by far the best that we tasted!  The cakes literally melted in your mouth...delicious!!  We ordered way more cake than necessary too because we knew all we would do is eat cake all night long :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using A little slice of Heaven.  Her name is Lynn and she's in Oconomowoc.  Delicous cake at a pretty good price!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    hey...when did you get on here?
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Simmas. Great prices, fantastic customer service, and best of all, FABULOUS CAKE!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    HI,
    I went with Aggie s Cakes in St Francis. Under $500 to fed 200 guests
  • edited December 2011
    The Cake Guru (aka Tamara's Cakes) in Oshkosh is amazing.  Her pricing is about $2 a slice, but that's if you go bare minimum.  She has been featured in magazines and won awards.  Check her out online or on Facebook.  She is wonderful!
  • jessgosz310jessgosz310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using The Cake Lady, and we're not paying close to $8/slice. I think it's about $4.25. We're having a three tier cake and then supplementing with sheet cake. Our cake is three layers of cake with two layers of buttercream and a layer of ganache.I think with The Cake Lady the cost is going to vary on your choice of flavors and how much you have on display vs. the use of sheet cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What are some of the better flavors at Eat Cake? I am getting my cake from there but live out of state so can't do any tasting!
  • edited December 2011

We just found the most fantastic cheesecake place in Menomonee Falls.  The place is called The Cheesecake Store (they make regular cakes too) and the baker's name is Joe.  He's super nice and this is truly the best cheesecake I've ever tasted--smooth, creamy, will do many flavors for you.  I will do a vendor review after my wedding in July, but he's so easy to work with and can do anything!!  The number there is 262-253-1473.  So far....he's been great!!  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards