California-Los Angeles
Options

hair &makeup west la, not necessarily for wedding

Hi ladies,

I'm recently married, we had a destination wedding. We're now having a post wedding banquet, dinner only. I'd like to get my hair and makeup done again; dressing up but not the white dress.

Any suggestions for west la? It's not for my wedding so I don't want to pay those prices. Would it be horrible to fib and schedule a bridal hair and makeup trial - my mua at the wedding only charged about half price for the trial. Although here in la prices seem higher so I'm not sure if paying for a trial only is any cheaper. I've checked out a few websites and seems the rate is around $130 and up. Or I guess I could just go somewhere and do just hair and makeup non wedding related?

Suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: hair &makeup west la, not necessarily for wedding

• Options
    I think you should be able to get this done for a lot less than the usual price for bridal makeup/hair. I think I'd send some emails around to different artists and ask them to give you a quote. Just say that you're hosting a banquet, and need an updo and makeup. No need to mention that it's at all wedding/marriage related. Most MUAs/salons, etc. are used to people needing this for things other than weddings. Think about all the high school girls getting their hair done for prom and homecoming and such, or women going to charity galas.
  • Options
    <div>Hi there! I am a makeup artist based in West Los Angeles. Contact me at elle.teigh@gmail.com and we can discuss rates! :) You will look amazing. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_non-wedding-hair-makeup-west-la?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:f3a82d1f-0b27-46c2-a09b-27d9bbcd7219Post:06476633-54a2-4c6f-9601-b6b849a2bc3b">hair &makeup west la, not necessarily for wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, I'm recently married, we had a destination wedding. We're now having a post wedding banquet, dinner only. I'd like to get my hair and makeup done again; dressing up but not the white dress. Any suggestions for west la? It's not for my wedding so I don't want to pay those prices. Would it be horrible to fib and schedule a bridal hair and makeup trial - my mua at the wedding only charged about half price for the trial. Although here in la prices seem higher so I'm not sure if paying for a trial only is any cheaper. I've checked out a few websites and seems the rate is around $130 and up. Or I guess I could just go somewhere and do just hair and makeup non wedding related? Suggestions?
    Posted by Sp2012[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards