Second Weddings
Options

Mother/Son Songs when Mom is the bride

Hey All, There are lots of songs for mother and son when he is the groom but not so much when mom is the bride. My son is 21 and will be walking me down the aisle and giving me away. We are very close and I don't want him to feel I am moving on without him. Any suggestions for a song for us? We don't care for country but pretty much anything else goes.CC

Re: Mother/Son Songs when Mom is the bride

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Cat,We had picked "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, and DH did dance to that with his daughters. My son, last minute decided to surprise ME and asked the DJ to play Billy Joel's "NY State of Mind." It was an awesome moment.
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask him what he would like to dance to with you? Theirs so many songs out there its really hard to give suggestions. It depends on your dynamics of your relationship it could be something fun and fast where you can kinda kick up the heels.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He says, whatever I want, as long as it's not ABBA. I thought maybe, "Loves Me Like a Rock." We still have plenty of time. Louis Armstrong is good though.CC
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that song "Loves me like a Rock"
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm a first time bride, but much older and also have an adult son. I always loved "Love of My Life" by Carly Simon. Lyrics here:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/carly+simon/love+of+my+life_20027385.html

It's on the "This is My Life" cd.

Not sure if you have more than one child. Could make another one jealous.

Another idea would be to think about movies you've both liked, and perhaps there's a song in there that has meaning?

Good luck. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be a memorable, tearful moment.

• Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My son is 7 and is giving me away (along with my brothers) so I asked him to choose a song and he chose Annie Lennox's Shining  Light. The way the lyrics read it can be dedicated from a mother to a son and vice versa.
  • Options
    occbyemoccbyem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a song that was special between the two of you when your son was a child?  It may not be the exact lyrics you were thinking, but the moment will be so special because it will be filled with memories.  I doubt there will be many dry eyes in the room!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards