I posted this on a previous thread and started thinking that I was curious enough about the answers to start a separate thread. From reading the boards, it sounds like lots of ladies from different parts of the country than I'm from do showers differently than I'm accustomed to. I'm curious if you all can let me know what is common in your area to see if it's a regional thing. PS - I'm from CT.
1. Out of the showers that you gals have been to, who has hosted the shower? In my experiences it's always been a relative of the bride (usually the mom, but sometimes a sister or Aunt).
2. Have you known people to have multiple showers? I've only seen brides get one (hosted by the above) and usually it's only her side who attends with the exception of the MOG and his immediate family. Another exception is when there is a divorce, then 2 showers can often occur (one hosted by mom and one hosted by stepmom).
3. If you're invited to a shower or wedding and cannot attend, do you give a gift? I would always give a gift and feel compeled to give a gift regardless of attendance in both situations. I would personally feel rude if I didn't.
4. How large was the shower and where do they usually occur? Most of the ones I've been to have been 30+ and are usually at a restaurant with a full meal and wine provided.
5. How many surprise showers have you been to? My mom seems to think that EVERYONE has a surprise shower (because her's was 35 years ago). I don't think they're very common anymore.