Minnesota
Options

Where to find Mother of the Bride dress?

I'm the Mom and looking for a dress (not a long gown) for the wedding... I've been told to check Nordstroms at the MOA.  Any other ideas?

Re: Where to find Mother of the Bride dress?

• Options
    If you are open to consignment stores, there are a couple formal ones I can suggest.  I hear good things about Macy's and JCPenny's. 
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You can always try Davids Bridal, Macys or Nordstroms.  Also if you go to MOA there are so many places you could get cute dresses at such as Ann Taylor.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_where-to-find-mother-of-the-bride-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:bea07461-f5c0-412a-ab83-0c1a7a5dde0aPost:66c0c0dd-f159-41c1-9f3b-3aac091e06c5">Re: Where to find Mother of the Bride dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are open to consignment stores, there are a couple formal ones I can suggest.  I hear good things about Macy's and JCPenny's. 
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

What consignment stores are you talking about? I have no problem wearing a second hand dress as long as it's in good shape.
  • Options

Try Bride to Be Congisnment in Burnsville, Macy's, Nordstroms, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, David's Bridal. You may also be able to find one at other bridal shopps like the Wedding Shoppe.

• Options
    jjbmstincojjbmstinco member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Special Day Consignment had a wide range.  They are in Rochester. Seach FB for them and you will find their info.  This is who I went through and Diane is great.  I know Diane works in the cities somewhere, and is willing to meet people up there with something from the store if they see something they like.

Bride to Be in Burnville.  They are also on FB.  They have a big selection, but I personally didn't like the store. Everything was crammed in there and I didn't get good service.

Six Pence is a new one that opened up.  I found them on theknots vendor list under bridal fashions.

Phemnonimal Women in Zumbora has GREAT stuff.  I am unsure of their selection.Phemnomimal women is a plus size shop, so I wouldn't go if you aren't plus size
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_where-to-find-mother-of-the-bride-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:bea07461-f5c0-412a-ab83-0c1a7a5dde0aPost:089997ef-f108-475a-9d13-26b1f4be293f">Re: Where to find Mother of the Bride dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where to find Mother of the Bride dress? : What consignment stores are you talking about? I have no problem wearing a second hand dress as long as it's in good shape.
    Posted by Buns2012[/QUOTE]
      I am not sure where you are located but Special Day Consignment has a lot of pictures of dresses on facebook.  If you dont want to travel i would look there.  I took some of my stuff to their shop in Rochester and saw they had many dresses.
  • Options
    I was sad to see everything I tried on looked so similar! (long gowns) I did end up finding mine at Nordstroms! Love it! Free alterations too! Awesome! Good luck!
  • Options
    I was sad to see everything I tried on looked so similar! (long gowns) I did end up finding mine at Nordstroms! Love it! Free alterations too! Awesome! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards