Wedding Etiquette Forum

How often does wedding paper diva do great sales?

Hi ladies,

I just got an email for 50% off of thank you notes today only.  We're going to order all of our stationery from wedding paper divas, but we're moving in May to a new apartment.  We know what the return address is SUPPOSED to be but if for some reason it's wrong or all falls through we'd rather wait until we've moved and settled to put return addresses on anything.  That said, this deal would save us about $200.

Do you ladies know if this sort of thing comes up often?  I've only been playing with their site for a month or so, and this is the first 50% off discount I've seen through them.  They say it's associated with their Valentine's sale, though, and that's the first holiday that's come up since I started looking at them.  Has anybody seen this happen around other holidays, which would allow us to wait for the deal to appear again?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How often does wedding paper diva do great sales?

• If no one here knows, try DIY. Those ladies are up on their sales.
  • I got my stuff from WPD, and I don't think they did quite as drastic a sale during the time that I needed it.  I noticed, however, that they tended to do something like this seasonally.  Meaning, they appear to have a big changeover around the spring time where they discontinue some styles and bring in new.  

But maybe I'm totally making that up.

Course, i also bought the cheapie thank you's from Target, so...
  • I just saw that costco members get 20% off, not sure if that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-often-does-wedding-paper-diva-do-great-sales?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ed2edd98-ec66-4f66-89c9-2da2e83502ffPost:86572afe-1a9e-4ec6-8779-2ebc191fe266">How often does wedding paper diva do great sales?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi  We know what the return address is SUPPOSED to be but if for some reason it's wrong or all falls through we'd rather wait until we've moved and settled to put return addresses on anything. Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

You could always order your envelopes without a printed return address (I think they charge extra for that anyway).  We had really really cute return address labels made through shutterfly that make me happier than any pre-printed envelope.

I ordered my invitations through WPD (though thank you cards were from Michael's I think).  I put everything I wanted into the "shopping cart" on my account, then checked the price every time they changed their sales.  After about 2-3 months, I realized that the total price always fell within a certain range (about a $120 difference between the lowest and highest prices). It bounced to the high and low ends of the range multiple times in the few months I waited. When I saw it $20 cheaper than the lowest price I'd seen so far, I purchased.

My best sale overall was the one where you get a progressive discount on all pieces of your complete invitation.  For example, the total price with 40% off my RSVP cards but full price on the invitations was more than when they gave me 10% off invitations, 20% off the RSVP card, and 30% off the reception card. Does that make sense?
  • I got my STDs, invites/RSVPs/TY cards all through Wedding Paper Divas.

They've got good deals a fair amount, and they are usually associated with holidays. I got my big haul with their MLK day sale.

A lot of times they will do sales like if you spend $100 you get 10% off, over $200, 20% (or to that effect). MLK I know they also did $60 off all purchases over whatever.

They often will do bundling deals also if you get your RSVPs, TY cards etc.

Most of their deals are on this site:
    http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/promo/wedding-paper-divas-coupon-codes-promotions.htm

I will encourage you though to look around a bit more and see if you can find any others. I found one that MLK one for $60 off and it had actually expired the day before. HOWEVER I put it in and it still worked! Overall I saved over $200. Just be patient and keep an open eye out.

June 16, 2012
  • I'd be interested to know this as well. They were recently running a promotion on their site where you could order 5 sample invitations for free. I ordered the invites we want in a few different colors to help us decide, and a few days after they sent me the samples they sent a 20% coupon code. Though I'm wondering if I should hold out for a better sale.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-often-does-wedding-paper-diva-do-great-sales?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ed2edd98-ec66-4f66-89c9-2da2e83502ffPost:bd4a5777-6610-44d7-a7be-cbe47edd4d79">Re: How often does wedding paper diva do great sales?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They were recently running a promotion on their site where you could order 5 sample invitations for free. Posted by mellimel19[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they always allow you to order 5 free samples.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards