How did your FI propose?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daily Question:

• Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For us....

FI got out of Office Candidate School with the Marine Corps and on his first day away, we had a lot of sightseeing planned. We went to the White House on a self guided tour and as we were walking about he paused in the "blue room" and he tapped me on the back and when I turned around he was down on one knee.

His mom had been holding the ring box for him so I didn't notice it on him, and slipped it to him at some point. It was really sweet. Only downside, the White House doesn't allow cameras. :( So there's no photos of it but it was fabulous!
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww what a great story!

Mine is funny because my FI is an AWFUL secret keeper.  We had planned a trip to the coast (Fort Bragg) with our puppy (it's an annual diving trip).  He told me the whole way up there that he had bought the ring, but that he was NOT going to propose because he didn't have it yet because it was being sized, etc etc.
    And I was like, 'okay' 'whatever' 'sounds good'

The second day we were there we had just come back from running on the beach (and were soaked because it was raining).  I was flustered trying to get the dog situated and I turned around and he was on one knee - proposing.  And I said "yes!" and then said, "wait! what's in your hand?!" (he had a tight fist) and he said, "it's your rock!" and he handed it to me - it was a rock.  a heart shaped rock that he found on the beach.  awwwww (in reality it looked more like a boot - but I went with it. lol)

It was a good thing he proposed because it was what got us through the god awful trip home (the dog did her business in the car - and it got EVERYWHERE - We had to pull over on the highway, tie her up, and then clean the car and change our clothes.  it was awful.  but we were laughing.)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww! That's super cute aimee! That's a really great story! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Are we the only ones on here?  What happened to the Mod?  I haven't seen her in awhile either.   I wish this board were more involved - but then, I have a hard time keeping up with my October 2010 board because they are so active. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My proposal took 3 hours - yes, that's right, 3 hours.

In September 2009 we went to Disneyland, which isn't unusual for us.  As we were leaving Tomorrowland FI asked how much money we had in the bank.  I didn't think anything of it, he kinda panics around vacations and making sure we have enough money so I told him.  He said OK.  (Looking back I now know that the real reason he asked was that we'd always said we'd get married once we'd saved "enough.")

An hour later, FI asked how I felt about Sparkly rings on my left hand.  I said "I LOVE sparkly rings on my left hand.  Why?"  He said "No reason." and kept walking.

An hour later, FI asked how I felt about big parties with all my family and friends where I wear a white gown.  I said that I really liked those kinds of parties.  He asked again how much money we had in the bank.  I said "I told you we have X in savings and X in checking.  Why?"  He responded "After 14 years together I'd love to call you my wife.  Want to go ring shopping when we get home?" 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my FI proposed late one night after we had gotten home from a wedding. we were getting ready for bed in our room and my back was turned to him. he asked "hey, can you try something on for me?" i turned around to see him on one knee with the ring. he asked me to marry him and i think i said "right here? right now?" (i was half naked.) lol. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what great stories!
    puokgirl - that's too cute - i could just imagine my FI doing something like that.  We made up "codewords" for wedding related things so that we weren't talking about "weddings" because we weren't engaged.  It would be something like, "one day when we go on a trip...you know, like a bunnyspoon."  lol

future Mrs.: I love the surprise element! hehe
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are so cute!!! I love that he proposed in Disneyland. I'm jealous. I wanted FI to propose at Cinderella's castle at Disneyworld...well that was my "dream" proposal, you know?

Aimee, Idk where she is. It has been very quiet around here. My July 2010 board is really active.

It'd be nice if this one was, because we're all in the same area you know?
  • Options
    strbtstrbt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI took me to our favorite park and our favorite bench and gave me 4 photos to look at and told me to read the back:

Photo 1:  Where we Met--we met working at a bookstore together and so he took a picture of the front doors.

Photo 2:  Where we first had Dinner--The Denny's we met up at one night just to chat (we were not officially dating yet).

Photo 3:  Where we first kissed--The photo showed a street view of where I had been living at the time we started dating--and his car was in the picture parked right where it was the first time we kissed.

Photo 4:  Where I proposed to you--a photo of the park bench we were currently sitting on. 

Even though we had just picked out the ring and I knew he was going to propose, the way he did so totally threw me--I didn't think I'd cry, but as soon as I looked at the photos, I couldn't help it!  It was so sweet and thoughtful (just like him!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards