June 2012 Weddings

Summer Olympics

I am watching the Today show this morning and they are talking about this summers Olympics in London. It's 100 days till opening ceremonies. Anyone excited? Favorite sport to watch?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Summer Olympics

• That's CRAZY!! As a former swimmer, I love the summer Olymipcs!! And it makes my stomach do flips knowing we'll be MARRIED for the opening ceremony!!!
  • I am! I always enjoy diving and the track and field events. I remember when it was in Japan there was sumo wrestling and that was fun to watch. I didn't get to watch much of it last time so I'm drawing a blank on what else there is.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:8a411a22-f98c-4eda-bbc2-555e25145a11">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's CRAZY!! <strong>As a former swimmer, I love the summer Olymipcs!!</strong> And it makes my stomach do flips knowing we'll be MARRIED for the opening ceremony!!!
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

I used to be a swimmer too! I love watching swimming and seeing close races
  • I'm an Olympic junkie (both summer and winter). I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to see it in London because London is my favorite city and I lived there for a year in college. I love watching all sports especially track and field which was my high school events and gymnastics. I also think diving is really cool too.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • So excited for gymnastsics!  I used to dance and do floor tumbling.  I also love to watch the diving and swimming.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:d512db1b-1c80-4822-a430-9f31e892ac38">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm an Olympic junkie (both summer and winter).</strong> I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to see it in London because London is my favorite city and I lived there for a year in college. I love watching all sports especially track and field which was my high school events and gymnastics. I also think diving is really cool too.
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

This. I always watch and love every minute of it. Reminds me of my dad (who passed away) because I have this random memory of watching the Olympics with him at our grocery store breakfast counter when I was about 3. It's not like he was an Olympic athlete or anything, but it just reminds me of that day.

I don't have any sport in particular I like to watch, I just like to cheer on the Canadians because I love me some Canada.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:d512db1b-1c80-4822-a430-9f31e892ac38">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an Olympic junkie (both summer and winter). I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to see it in London because London is my favorite city and <strong>I lived there for a year in college.</strong> I love watching all sports especially track and field which was my high school events and gymnastics. I also think diving is really cool too.

<div>Awesome!!! What was your favorite part of living there?</div>
  • I am an Olympic freak- I watch it all!! My favorite is gymnastics for sure... I also love watching track and field and swimming.
  • I love watching the Olympics, both summer and winter, and I can't wait for them to start this year!  
  • I love them all but soccer is the best. I saw a story earlier today about how there's a 71 year old man from Japan competing in equestrian. Pretty sweet! He must be pretty awesome to make the Olympic team at that age.
  • I can't wait! Going to the Olympics is on my bucket list. I still remember watching Kerri Strung in 96. She definitely made me want to be a gymnast!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance is a sabre fencing coach so we will be going to London to see fencing!
    One of our guests made the Olympic team for Epee, I am hoping he can still make it to the wedding during training...but its still super exciting!
    June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:30fa9e5f-7e1b-4425-8f6f-ffe00ee963fe">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My fiance is a sabre fencing coach so we will be going to London to see fencing!</strong> One of our guests made the Olympic team for Epee, I am hoping he can still make it to the wedding during training...but its still super exciting!
    Posted by Amynutrition[/QUOTE]

this is awesome!! how long will you be there?
  • I watch even the boring stuff... I'm just mesmerized by the Olympics in general.
    My favorites are gymnastics, mountain biking, volleyball, 50km racewalking (Latvia has had great success in this one) and highjump.
    now, don't get me started about the winter olympics, though... i get super excited about those!

and I'm kind of excited to see how all the international roots will come out on these boards hehe. I will have to root for Latvians, ya know :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OOOO volleyball! How could I forget! I love watching womens beach volleyball!
  • For living in London I loved the tube system. It was efficient and clean. I liked getting anywhere in the city quickly. I also loved the fact that they sell Cadbury Creme Eggs all year around...they even have vending machines with just them in it in the Tube stations. I also liked all the museums and theatres. It was a great time however very expensive!

Cappadocia, Turkey
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • I love the olympics, and I'm sure I'll have a newfound "appreciation" for them after working on the team that takes the donation phone calls this summer lol.
  • That's so cool Amy! I'm sure you guys will have a blast there.
  • Harper, did you ever get a Kinder Surprise egg, though? I miss those things so much :(
    they're basically chocolate eggs with milk chocolate on the outer shell and white chocolate on the inner side. and then within the shell there is a plastic egg, that has a tiny little toy inside. you never know what it is going to be until you unwrap it. the reason why your childhood has not been magnificently improved by this amazing miracle of a food is because FDA does not allow for an inedible to be placed inside of an edible item. thank's America, for ruining my Easter!! hahaa :):) seriously, though, if you go to Europe, try one of those. they're a lot of fun. some crazy Europeans love them so much that once they move to the states they find a way to smuggle them in from Canada, no joke!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going to a summer olympics is on my bucket list! I HAVE TO GO!

Gymnastics, trampoline, volleyball and diving are my favorite events!
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • Men's individual is July 29 and Men's team is Aug 3rd but I don't want to be in London for 7 days.... So I might just meet (then husband!) for the last event and hopefully fly to Italy for honeymoon after.

I know everything will be very crowded and expensive in London!
    June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • I cannot wait. I watch all the soccer games, gymnastics, swimming, and diving. Oh and beach volleyball. I cannot stand watching Track and Field or anything else along that line.

I have always wanted to actually attend the Olympics. Maybe one day I will be able to. I also thought it would be neat to actually compete in the Olympics.

I hate that I only have bunny ears and no cable to watch the Olympics. :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @precamies, I didn't even realize there was mountain biking!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:d512db1b-1c80-4822-a430-9f31e892ac38">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an Olympic junkie (both summer and winter). I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to see it in London because London is my favorite city and I lived there for a year in college. I love watching all sports especially track and field which was my high school events and gymnastics. I also think diving is really cool too.

<div>I lived in London during college too! </div><div>
    </div><div>I friggin love the Olympics, I am an addict. I never watch any sports but FI gets alarmed by how much I care about the Olympics. Swimming and Gymnastics are my favorite, but I get SO NERVOUS during gymnastics, I feel like someone's going to fall on their head at any second. I usually have to read the results before I watch just to calm myself down!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:92b818d2-142b-42fb-a614-2d66e5f3f9f6">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Harper, did you ever get a Kinder Surprise egg, though? I miss those things so much :( they're basically chocolate eggs with milk chocolate on the outer shell and white chocolate on the inner side. and then within the shell there is a plastic egg, that has a tiny little toy inside. you never know what it is going to be until you unwrap it. the reason why your childhood has not been magnificently improved by this amazing miracle of a food is because FDA does not allow for an inedible to be placed inside of an edible item. thank's America, for ruining my Easter!! hahaa :) :) seriously, though, if you go to Europe, try one of those. they're a lot of fun. some crazy Europeans love them so much that once they move to the states they find a way to smuggle them in from Canada, no joke!
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

<div>I've bought Kinder Surprise Eggs here, in NYC they have them all over. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_summer-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1034a2f7-9e9d-4eca-84ec-232342a05cebPost:92b818d2-142b-42fb-a614-2d66e5f3f9f6">Re: Summer Olympics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Harper, did you ever get a Kinder Surprise egg, though? I miss those things so much :( they're basically chocolate eggs with milk chocolate on the outer shell and white chocolate on the inner side. and then within the shell there is a plastic egg, that has a tiny little toy inside. you never know what it is going to be until you unwrap it. the reason why your childhood has not been magnificently improved by this amazing miracle of a food is because FDA does not allow for an inedible to be placed inside of an edible item. thank's America, for ruining my Easter!! hahaa :) :) seriously, though, if you go to Europe, try one of those. they're a lot of fun. some crazy Europeans love them so much that once they move to the states they find a way to smuggle them in from Canada, no joke!
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

I love them. There is a shop in Seattle at Pikes Market that sells them. Every time I go and visit my brother I have to get one. I have a huge collection of the toys from them. When we left Germany in the 90s, mom shipped over a whole case of them and we made them last for about a year.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I LOVE all the Olympics.

I also was a swimmer, so swimming is my favorite but I really will watch just about everything. Except basketball probably. I kinda hate basketball more and more everyday.
    June 16, 2012
  • We RECORD the Olympics and watch just about everything too.
  • I forgot about Kinder Surprise eggs. We would get them all the time in London. My best friend also lived there with me and she is from Bosnia and loved those things. I can actually find them at an international grocery store here in Cincy. I also buy them for her on her birthday.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    image 25 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards