Just Engaged and Proposals

Haven't announced our engagement

Me and my FI have been engaged for about a month now, but except for a couple of select people we haven't announced our engagement. We are having my engagement ring custome made and since its not on my finger yet, we didn't want to have to answer about where it was a thousand times. But honestly I am getting a little anxious. Did anyone else go this route? Or if anyone else announced without having the ring first, how did that go?

?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha

Re: Haven't announced our engagement

• We went this route as well. We only told a few people. I liked it this way we got 2-3 months after deciding to get married to ourselves pretty much which allowed us clean air to worry about how to set up our home etc without pressure from others for information. It also gave him the ability to present the ring without any nerves when it came in which was also super nice. You cant be nervous asking a woman to be your wife when she's already agreed, you've planned your home, budget, and started planning your wedding together.

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • renee1632renee1632 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_havent-announced-our-engagement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:bfdaf952-15e8-4b0c-aef3-e45d5d02b757Post:7aa71245-3625-4624-9b7c-3e006fb07f4f">Haven't announced our engagement</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me and my FI have been engaged for about a month now, but except for a couple of select people we haven't announced our engagement. We are having my engagement ring custome made and since its not on my finger yet, we didn't want to have to answer about where it was a thousand times. But honestly I am getting a little anxious. Did anyone else go this route? Or if anyone else announced without having the ring first, how did that go?
    Posted by smartn2sexy08[/QUOTE]

Me and my FI did the EXACT same thing. We told his parents and then he asked my dad for my hand almost a month before I got the ring (last Saturday!). We kept it in between us and did some small wedding planning (setting date, picking decor, etc) and then announced it last Saturday. Aside from panicking that the word got out before we announced it, everything went fine.
  • I see I'm not alone. The few people I have told are the ones included in the wedding party, and they pretty much knew this was coming anyways. Our friends aren't really the gossip type so no worries there. We haven't told his parents yet because they live so far away. Going to see them this weekend. Everyone else gets the announcement in a couple of weeks when the ring is done.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • We decided to get engage without a ring at all. For our engagement we actually went down to the court house and got married. Afterwards we told our families only ( since he didn't have a job yet and we didn't want to got thru the questioning). He is starting his new job at the end of the month and that is when we are telling everyone else and setting the date for the church wedding. We are very excited to be "coming out of the engagement closet" as we call it lol. We have been together for almost 9 years
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_havent-announced-our-engagement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:bfdaf952-15e8-4b0c-aef3-e45d5d02b757Post:c98bc18c-f078-4202-abb8-5b6961fa439f">Re: Haven't announced our engagement</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided to get engage without a ring at all. For our engagement we actually went down to the court house and got married. Afterwards we told our families only ( since he didn't have a job yet and we didn't want to got thru the questioning). He is starting his new job at the end of the month and that is when we are telling everyone else and setting the date for the church wedding. We are very excited to be "coming out of the engagement closet" as we call it lol. We have been together for almost 9 years
    Posted by patycolo[/QUOTE]

You're no longer engaged - you're married.  Please don't lie to your friends & family by pretending you aren't.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards