July 2012 Weddings

Videography ppl!

Did you have to send your videographer song choices for your video? Mine asked us to send three song choices for the highlight video, and I don't know where to start. What songs are you asking for?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videography ppl!

• edited June 2012
    Do you mean a highlight video for the reception? I'm actually not having any highlight video during the reception - it doesn't work with our venue at all. We're just getting the highlight video after the wedding and I don't have to provide the music just yet.  He said he'll need 2-3 songs, depending on the length of the song. The highlight video will be approx. 8-10 min.

I know one of the songs will be "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes because I love it and it makes me cry and it doesn't work for a first dance song, so I'm incorporating it in this way. (Have not informed fiance yet . . . hahaha).

I'm unsure on the other ones, but was thinking of the following options (I copied/pasted as I was listening to Pandora one time). I have pretty eclectic taste in music, but these are more folksy, which I like for videos, especially with the style of video we're going to have - see: www.tweedweddings.com

Bright Eyes "First Day of my Life"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I love First Day of my Life! Good choice! Bmore why don't you try thinking of first dance song runner ups? PP makes a good point of that songs being great but not danceable. For example I really like The Only Exception by Paramore but it's def not first dance material. So start around there...
  • Yes we have to send ours tomorrow!!!  He said to choose 2 upbeat songs and then 1 slower song for the bridal prep.  I think I am using Brighter Than The Sun from Colbie Calliat for the bridal prep song.  Then we are using You're Still The One from Krauter Brothers.  This is our song :)  I need to come up with 1 more. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks - I will check those out!

And no, I don't mean for the reception, I mean for after the wedding. It sounds like ours is done in a similar way as yours (8-10 mins with highlights from the day). On his website, most of the videos do a slow song at the begining that covers the getting ready shots. Then another song for the ceremony and formal shots, and and upbeat party song for the dancing / reception coverage.

He wants to get started on the editing process right after the wedding, so he requested we send him our song selections before the wedding. This way he can work on it even while we're on our honeymoon and not have to wait around for us to get back to him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My situation is like bridetobe's. I don't have to pick any songs for the video until after the wedding. I'm not really sure what songs to use so I'm really no help lol But her suggestions were great.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_videography-ppl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c1f07317-dae9-4013-a6d6-2ce55dbd258cPost:ace2d109-6579-47f6-957c-543d212193c5">Re: Videography ppl!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks - I will check those out! And no, I don't mean for the reception, I mean for after the wedding. It sounds like ours is done in a similar way as yours (8-10 mins with highlights from the day). On his website, most of the videos do a slow song at the begining that covers the getting ready shots. Then another song for the ceremony and formal shots, and and upbeat party song for the dancing / reception coverage. He wants to get started on the editing process right after the wedding, so he requested we send him our song selections before the wedding. This way he can work on it even while we're on our honeymoon and not have to wait around for us to get back to him.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

This is exaclty what our guy does too!!
  • Our videographer does a 5 minute highlight of the entire day from getting ready to end of reception. The song I selected was Maxwell's "Submerge into light".
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Bmore - we need to do this too!! I HAVE NO IDEA what we are going to pick!! thanks for the reminder haha!
  • When I choose mine, I am choosing I'm Yours/Somewhere Over the Rainbow. That mix that is really popular right now :)
    Getting married on July 20th, 2012!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok here is some more!

Love you like a love song- Selena Gomez
    Feels So Close-Calvin Harris
    Say Hey (I love you)-Michael Franti
    You're my best friend-Queen
    You make my dreams come true-Hall and Oates
  • I really like 'Good Life' by One Republic for a wedding video. It seems like everyone and their mother uses it but I don't care haha. 

I also think we're going to use, 'Drunk on you' by Luke Bryan. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ohhh me likely some drunk on you by luke bryan!!!! Oh ya!!!!  <3 you can get a little drunk on my Mr. Luke!! bahahaha
  • Thanks for all of the ideas! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards