New Jersey

Craig Scott Entertainment?

I'm in the process of booking a band and/or DJ along with ceremony and cocktail hour musicians.  I've seen great reviews for Craig Scott Entertainment and I know some of you are using/have used them.

What bands, DJs, and musicians did you guys book?  I think they said that they also have live musician/DJ mixes, which we may go for.  But I figure I should get names of who everyone liked from their company.
ExerciseMilestone image

Re: Craig Scott Entertainment?

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Michael (i believe he was russian with heavy accient) as our violinist. He was awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_craig-scott-entertainment-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:de8842e2-a012-42d5-9af4-28d33c853f37Post:bdbe6afb-9323-4140-97d7-b32fa098eb98">Re: Craig Scott Entertainment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had Michael (i believe he was russian with heavy accient) as our violinist. He was awesome!
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]

Danes we are looking into a violinist or harpist for the ceremony can you please PM how much it cost you?

Thanks!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our band is Phase One from Craig Scott, we aren't using them for our ceremony since we are getting married in a church.  I can't say enough good things about Scott Hornek, the owner of the company.  I met him at an event without knowing who he was at first, and he was so friendly.  We were strongly considering another well known nyc company as well, but they felt much more like a corporation, and I love that Craig Scott is so much more personable.  He has actually emailed me to check in and see how the rest of wedding planning is going...and he isn't even our contact person, our band leader Rich is.  
    I have heard great things about their DJs as well.

Good luck! 

Photobucket
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    LADY PMd you bac!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_craig-scott-entertainment-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:de8842e2-a012-42d5-9af4-28d33c853f37Post:da663c55-fbaa-4e32-a9a5-1ae40deed0c7">Re: Craig Scott Entertainment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]LADY PMd you bac!
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    We used the Projekt. They were amazing and the dance floor was packed all night. Their piano player played for cocktail hour for us (all I wanted was piano playing Broadway tunes and standards)

http://www.theprojekt.com/
  • kozacskozacs member
    edited December 2011
    We are using Phase One and added an extra singer.  We also booked acoustic guitar for ceremony and piano for cocktail hour.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Craig Scott and having a classical guitar player for our ceremony, a pianist for our cocktail hour and DJ Gary for our reception!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard many good things about them and the coordinator at my venue, who is very honest, also said they are great. We are using Veronica Martell Entertainment out of NYC. We also used them for my sisters wedding and they were fantastic
  • TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    We are using Craig Scott - pianist for the cocktail hour and the band (I am blanking right now if it's Phase One or Craig Scott Orchestra) for the reception...have heard tons of great reviews and they've been great to work with so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't go with Craig Scott Entertainment because they don't let you see actual footage of their bands-- you sit in their office watching a photo montage over music that is allegedly the band playing. 
    I personally wouldn't book any of their bands without having seen them in person, or having received a solid recommendation from someone else who had them perform at their event.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I just made an appt for next week.  He actually said he'd pull footage of the bands, so hopefully he doesn't mean the photo montage.

Danes - I was thinking of having a violinist for the ceremony, so I'll see if that guy's available.  Thanks!
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • edited December 2011
    JoBell, they also lead me to believe I was seeing footage of the band when I scheduled the meeting.  You might want to ask them to specify exactly what you're traveling to the office for-- if it's a meeting like mine, where Scott stumbles around his Apple TV showing you pictures of band members floating around the screen with the Black Eyed Peas songs playing in the background, you might want to skip it!
  • edited December 2011
    We're actually meeting with Christian, not Scott.  Since we'd be booking more musicians than the band or DJ, if he shows us the montage then we'll talk to him about actually seeing them in person.

Thanks for the warning, though!
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_craig-scott-entertainment-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:de8842e2-a012-42d5-9af4-28d33c853f37Post:9d616de1-87b9-42ad-b6db-76e3a7833163">Craig Scott Entertainment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the process of booking a band and/or DJ along with ceremony and cocktail hour musicians.  I've seen great reviews for Craig Scott Entertainment and I know some of you are using/have used them. What bands, DJs, and musicians did you guys book?  I think they said that they also have live musician/DJ mixes, which we may go for.  But I figure I should get names of who everyone liked from their company.
    Posted by JoBell123[/QUOTE]

I just recently booked Craig Scott Orchestra for our July 2013 wedding. They do have great reviews and we really liked Scott, however I am also a little nervous being that we also didn't see actual footage and they did not accommodate our request to see the band live.

How did everyone like them that ended up booking and had their weddings? Any feedback is appreciated! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_craig-scott-entertainment-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:de8842e2-a012-42d5-9af4-28d33c853f37Post:4f1d05e3-3df5-49a5-bda4-75c1c3f900db">Re: Craig Scott Entertainment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Craig Scott - pianist for the cocktail hour and the band (I am blanking right now if it's Phase One or Craig Scott Orchestra) for the reception...have heard tons of great reviews and they've been great to work with so far!
    Posted by TaraK22[/QUOTE]

Hi TaraK! Were you happy with Craig Scott? We booked them but haven't had the opportunity to see them live. We booked the Craig Scott Orchestra. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards