Canada

Any Canadian Knotties from Atlantic Canada?

Just wondering if there are any ladies on here that are from Atlantic Canada.  I've seen some people from Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, etc but never seen anyone else from the Atlantic provinces.  I'm from Nova Scotia...anyone else?!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
Murried Bio

Re: Any Canadian Knotties from Atlantic Canada?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Paige,

I went to Dalhousie, lived in Halifax for 6 years and now planning a wedding there for this May.  (Although I am not in Nova Scotia now) I know that there are a few of us from the East Coast on the boards. Nice to meet someone else from Nova Scotia. :)
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Paige. I am from Cape Breton and am getting married there June 26th. I am all about wedding planning these days and check theknot every nightshift that I work. So glad to see some locals on the boards. Do you get notices of "deals" and contests from theknot only to find that Canadians are ineligible? So frustrating. Why send out the tempting offers?
    Congrats on tour upcoming Big Day!
                                                                Suzanne
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • edited December 2011
    I am from Halifax and am getting married there in Aug 2010!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JenniferG47JenniferG47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Halifax and also getting married August 2010!!!
    Super fun :)
    My reception is at the Atlantica Hotel, where is yours?
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh!! I'm so excited that there are other ladies from my area on here!!! I have a confession to make tho - we don't have a ring yet!haha! We're *sort of* planning but we don't have a ring or a date yet (I mostly hang out on the Not Yet Engaged boards) but I thought it would be nice to get to know some ladies from home  and see what kind of things you all have been finding around NS/Atlantic Canada.  

Suzie - I hate those contests and offers! They're such a tease!

Jennifer -  We were looking at the Atlantic, actually. but siince we don't have a solid date yet we're still just looking! How have they been for you?

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • klutes8klutes8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone :) I'm from Moncton! Lived in Halifax most of my life though. Glad to know there are other people from the maritimes on here too!
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Bedford, NS.  We're planning on tying the knot in Hubbards... It's nice to see there's some ladies from the same area going through the same things.  Seems like most brides on here are in the US/Ontario...
  • edited December 2011
    A Hali girl here! Getting married in Mexico, February 2011! Can't wait, especially since we are in full out winter now!

Any other Maritimers out there doing a Destination Wedding send me a message! I'd love to get tips on travel agents, photographers etc...

Only one complaint about planning a wedding here...the dress selection is not the greatest. I've been doing all my shopping online (JLM couture, preownedweddingdresses dot com, etc...) Anybody have better luck than me?

K
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from NL and have been engaged just 3 weeks now.  Nice to see fellow Atlantic Canadians!!
    edited December 2011
    Yay! So nice to see more Atlantic Canadian knotties!!  Welcome welcome and congrats to everyone:)

Murried Bio
  • sunicosunico member
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Dartmouth. So nice to see some Maritimers on here! We're getting married in July 2011 & I'm in full-steam-ahead planning mode already!!! Anyone going to the bridal show at the Cunard centre this weekend?
  • edited December 2011
    hi Maritime buddies  my daughter is getting married July 2010 in Oromocto NB   but she is in fort Mac so it's hard to get everything together but we're getting there  hardest things is the everything nice and inexpensive is in the States  But we got her dress right here in Oromocto from the Wedding Chapel  she is wonderful!   any one know where I can get Black or Purple table linens cheap      check out Kijiji for some great prices on wedding gowns   we didn't go that way but there are some beautiful dress for sale.
  • edited December 2011

I'm from Alma NB and getting married on September 4th 2010. Maybe if we all pool together we canfind some Canadian deals ;)

edited December 2011

I agree with Copper - kijiji is a dream! There's so much stuff on there! We found beautiful centerpieces for a friend's wedding there for under $2 each!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Been awhile since the last post in this thread, but I thought I'd post anyway.  We're in Dartmouth and planning our wedding in the Halifax area (location TBD -- any suggestions VERY welcome as we got engaged after all the bridal shows were over :) ).  It will be my second wedding, his first, and I have my kids to consider for the big event as well.  Not to mention both families are either in Ontario or the UK.  Should be an experience trying to pull this one together.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey guys! I'm from Moncton (Riverview) and planning to get married there in 2012. I'm living in Victoria, BC and am having a hard time getting everything done from out here. Moncton just doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for, but ALL my family is there.
    Planning a visit there in May to pick a venue. Anyone else from the area have any suggestions? Something outdoorsy?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards